I invited my bf over for Thanksgiving & this is his response. What does that mean?

My bf doesn't have family in town so I invited him for Thanksgiving. We are going on about four months of dating. His response initially was "I might take you up on that darling." So I got excited in the fact there was that possibility and told my mom that he may join us, possibly. So two days pass and I mention that I have something I need help with Thursday (thanksgiving) if he comes... He completely forgot he said he may join me. So I let it slide. Tonight I asked him if he is off all day Thursday and he is... Then a little later I asked if I should anticipate him coming and make a table placement for him. His response, "I don't think I am going to come babes."...

I am a bit disappointed.
When he calls Thanksgiving I don't want to make him feel bad but I do want to tell him I really wish he was with me... I am not sure how to take this.

• It's just too early in the relationship
  • Red flag
  • Other
  • Reaults

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe he is worried about meeting your parents?

• Perhaps... That was my thought. So I sent him this after I got home last night...

Babe... I feel like whatever I have vented about my family towards you may have turned you off as far as meeting them. & I don't want you to have the wrong impression. Especially about my mother. She isn't the extreme of what you may think of her & I really hope that any preconceived notion you may have isn't what makes you not want to join us on Thursday. & I also apologize if I have made you feel pressured into meeting my family. I guess I just was excited and wanted them to see you for what I see you because I know they'd like you just as I do. I just wanted to express that to you verses holding it in. You will probably get this in the morning. I hope you have a good Wednesday. Night babe.

That is clear yes? As far as how I want him to feel comfortable but also expressing that I do appreciate him?

• I don't want him to feel guilty... My mother is just very over protective and also religious so I believe he feels like he is going to be interrogated. I think I am just going to take it slow and maybe on a date a few weeks out I can suggest he picks me up for dinner instead of me always driving to where he is... Or I don't know. I just want him to be comfortable. Thank you for your input.

• That would be a better idea, tell him to pop in to say hello to your mother before you go out, yes he will be nervous, but it is much better than spending an entire evening with her.

What Guys Said 2

• That's the part of dating and relationships I can't stand. I depend on myself so another human won't let me down. Why should I let another human make or break my Holiday That only comes one day a year.

• He is a shithead darling. Dump him. What a bozo.

• Why do you think he decided to bail out on me? I just sent him this text...

What Girls Said 0