Im wondering. How many guys here on gag have dated a girl with a child, of her own. How was it? Or would you date a single mom?

I would like to know, how you guys felt about the whole thing. Use much detils as possible.:-)

Most Helpful Guy

• I know a lot of single mothers, all of varying relationships with me, different demographics, so on and so on, so I know quite a bit about the struggles they deal with. I have never dated a single mother.

And that is intentional. I will not date single mothers, especially if she is young. The younger the single mom, the more toxic she is to handle.

I'll keep my money, she can keep her problems.

What Guys Said 5

• I never dated a single mom with a child.
    I'd only date a single mom if I had any guarantee that her ex and his parents were 100% out of the scenery. I can cope with the single mom and her children if their puberty is far away.
    I do NOT want to cope with her ex and his parents.

• Honestly, i wouldn't date someone with a child.
    now there was a point where i would have.. but then i got thinking, it would be unfair of me,
    see i dont have a decent job at the moment that would be able to give the family all that they wanted, needed and deserved.
    my emotions with the kid (although id love em like my own) would never really feel the same and my own insecurities would make me doubt they saw me as anything bar (mums mate)

so yeah, i wouldn't :/
    just being honest

• this question came up before, i just copied my opinion from it, since i couldnt put it any better now:
    i wouldn't out of respect for them! i just know that i would not be ready for that and i dont want to hurt anybody in the long run. it just would be too much responsibility for me. most of the times i can't even take care of myself!

• I have no interest whatsoever in dating a single mother. I don't like children, and even if I didn't have to deal with the kid directly she'd still be forced to plan our dates around it.

• I never have, and I doubt I ever will. I just don't like kids.

What Girls Said 1

• I know I'm not a guy but I feel a lot more people are open to it these days. My fiance took my little boy under his wing and treats him like his own. I met him on a site similar to this.