Hi can you help me? Thanks!?

Hey thanks for reading so uhh like how do you lessen the tension?
So my girlfriend and I were talking yesterday and she mentioned something about a guy being more than just friends and he's nice. I was really affected by it but I told myself no need to be jealous. But I couldn't. Then today I clarified over the phone with her and she said she didn't even say that. She just said that he was just a normal friend. Okay so yeah of course I completely trust her and I must have misheard her. I feel better now but when we were talking about it just now it was pretty awkward cause I made it seem that way. I was just unhappy you know. But like now that things are better. I want to try to lessen the awkwardness. Can someone give me suggestions on how to do that? Thanks (:

Most Helpful Guy

• 1st off, Do not get overterritorial. If she said that to you, it was out of trust. If she was going to cheat on you she wouldn't had mentionned it. Getting territorial and jealous only shows your own lack of confidence. Have faith in her, and especially have faith in yourself. second, turn it into an inside joke, without getting sarcastic or mean, humor can turn any akwardness around, if played right. If not, you could just apolagize, tell her you were scared, because you are afraid to lose her, even if you were being irrational. The second however requires making yourself a lot more vulnerable. it's not easy, the 1st is easier.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't worry about it! Sometimes girls say that to make their boyfriend jealous but feel guilty later and won't admit to saying it. As long as she doesn't give anymore signs to the guy being anything more, just shake it off. As for the awkwardness, if you act like nothing is wrong, then so will she. Or, a little gesture like a hug or "i love you" (not sure how serious you are) to show her you care goes a long way.

What Guys Said 1

• Its pretty easy. The tension is probably in you're head try and forget it. If you can't put yourself in a vulnerable spot and just tell her what its doing to you.