Why do you love OLDER guys?

Ok so i experienced this issue a couple times before and i hear mannnny girls say it. Most girls want an OLDER guy. So today i decided to know why is that.

So GIRLS, ask yourselves... why do you like older guys? what is it that makes you attracted to them? There has to be a reason, because just being attracted to an 'age' difference is not really wise.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't quite know and I know most girls would say because they are more mature.

Maturity has nothing to do with age, it's all to do with how they want to perceive themselves and maturity comes from realization or trauma or a mix of both.
    In my work place (child protective services), there are children who don't misbehave due to knowing (or rather thinking) they will be severely punished because they saw Mummy getting beaten by Daddy or either parent abused them badly enough to never make them step out of line. But once the teen years hit rebellion becomes 10x worse than someone who never got abused as a child, sometimes they are always well-behaved. This is what I have observed from maturity in children.

As for men, I've met men in their 50's who act like 5 year olds. Who judge everyone and haven't learnt a thing in the many years they have been blessed with.

My boyfriend is 8 months younger than me, I think he's the most maturest guy I have ever met. Of course he's not always serious and likes to have a laugh. His maturity came from being abused as a child and was VERY rebellious in his teen years but through those experiences he's learned from his mistakes and became a better man for it. He works in a care home and aims to become a doctor.

• I don't see how the child protective services relate to maturity (it does contribute a little bit but its not all to it). But i do agree with everything else you said. Maturity is not about age but about what people went through. There are 20 year olds who are more mature than 40 year olds, and there are 50 year olds who are as mature as 15 year olds.

Your boyfriend example is one of them.

What Girls Said 17

• I enjoy having sex with older men because they make me feel taken care of. I don't think I have daddy issues, it's just the fact that they take their time with everything and make you feel right. I love that most of the time you don't have to tell them what to do, they know exactly what to do and that is such a turn on.

• Because most older guys know what he want and he have responsibility, their perspective is more respectful, even guy in same age still think like a boy when compare with older guy. I dated with same age or younger guys. I felt like I was dating with a boy. :/

• the oldest id go for is 3 years older then me, other than that its a no go.
    but yeah I don't know why i always seem to date guys older than me, matter of fact of them being more mature mostly :)

• It depends on the guy. Well, i liked a a man 4 or 5 months ago and he was much older than me. I really don't care. He was not very rich or very handsome. Love happens. There is not any reasons to love a man.
    And for now... I don't like him anymore.. hehe

• First of all, they usually have their shit together. They know what they want, what they don't want, they have good jobs, got the partying out of the way, usually have their own car and house and they just want someone to share their life with. I like ambition and I like to stand by someones side and im pretty mature for my age and can handle an older guy I think. The one thing I think sucks is they are a LOT busier.

• yeah i would really love to date an older guy!!! he isn't as childish as fuck and is more mature

• -mature
    -looking for long term relationships
    -no games
    -no silly business
    I like and prefer older men

• they are more mature and grown up lol
    they also dont have that stupid alpha nonsense

and I don't know i wouldn't want a guy my age

• hey battoot, I've been wanting to ask

are you arab/middle eastern (or have those roots) ? your name and looks gave me the impression lol... I don't know

• aahhh hala nice to meet u

• hala beek ^_^ :P

• My guy is 6 days older than me.
    Yep, quite the older man

• Cause they r kinder sweeter politer more respectful curtious and last but not least... THEY RRRRRRR... nah who cares ;)

• Because men are sexy and boys just aren't.

• Because older guys usually are more committed to relationships then most younger guys plus most of the time they know where they wanna be in life and are mature

• Daddy issues I guess?

• We perceive them as more stable, steady, kind of like a protector.

• I'm 18.
    If I could build a boyfriend he'd be 21-23.
    He can buy alcohol, he'd be regarded more as an adult, he'd be more stable and secure in most aspects, hopefully more mature, etc etc.

I'm not gonna lie, being taken care of is kinda hot.

• Because they're Rated TV-MA and hawt af.

• I think they are kind of more mature, and know how to treat they're partner. I would like to date older men in the future not right now because I'm taking a break from dating. I think some of them know what they want in a relationship like wise. I've been told I'm very mature for my age, and i would like something in the future that is a real serious relationship.

• Ever thought that there are 20 year olds who are as mature as 30 year olds if not even more? I mean you did say you look more mature than your age, don't you think that applies to guys too

• ok i think you misunderstood my question. Can you read my same comment and cross out all the 'look' words u find?
      I'm just asking if u know that there are many guys are who aged at 20 and are actually as mature as 30 year olds if not 40 year olds.

• I think I read it wrong I apologize just forget my answer please.

What Guys Said 12

• Well it varies with the girl of course. Now this comes with a few situations.

Overall if we are talking way older like 10+ years I notice these girls willingly want to be "daughters" to their boyfriends. These girls in particular are extremely submissive. We've had questions here from girls in such relationships and they honestly end up looking toxic in my opinion as it just comes off as a "girl wants what the guy has"(due to his stage in life being settled down with a job and house) while the girl just has sex with her and lets her stay. Trouble is these couples can fight... a lot as they are two way different people.

As for the maturity thing. It doesn't do any good for the girl to just "date older" hoping for more maturity. Girls will disagree with me on it but overall, stage in life and upbringing play such a huge role. The age is just an indicator of what stage in life he's most likely in. Looking at how the guy conducts himself regardless of his age is far more effective then just going "Oh he's 3 years younger than me. I'm not interested." Looking at people on a case by case basis is far more effective than grouping people together by things like age. I've met people way older than me even who are immature and we even see guys in their mid-20's and up who still live at home with their parents playing video games all day without a job.

• I completely agree with you in the 2nd paragraph. It's what men went through not their age! Some people go through a lot of shyt at a young age and by the time they r only 20 they would be as wise and mature as hell!

• MHO Candidate right here

• I don't know. It sucks because by the time I'm 24 I'll already be making about $70k+ a year, which means I'll be financially secure, what women seem to want most in an older guy. Most women who are about 22-24 want a guy who's almost or already 30. I'll be in an awkward phase where I have the goods, but not the age. So the only women that would be attracted to me are just out of high school.

It's weird.

• I'd say it's not all about the money. Yes, financial security (and security in general) plays a huge part, but it's more about the maturity (e. g do you find the same things funny; views on partying etc) and the fact that women mature a bit quicker. And you always kind of expect that the guy has to be a bit older to be at your level. That said, younger guys can also be as mature or financially stable etc as their older counterparts, but cause you expect the guy to be older, you might miss it at first.

• You hope you will be making 70k+ a year anyway. In otherwords you better hope there won't be some illegal alien or someone in China doing that job that would allow you 70k+ a year for under 60k+ less than what you would work the job for but there's a reality check for you.

• Generally I think young male/female and older male/female relationships are not genuine. Its like saying I'm taking the easy out. It's "I got what you want" and "you got what I want." Meaning that young people want stability and finance and older people want to feel young and have sex. Well if an older guy loses his job and house, then most of the time the girl is gone. And same thing with older women, soon she stop giving the guy some nookie, then the boy is gone. I believe the shorter the age gap, the more potential that the relationship gonna last.

• Old guys are more mature, have more life experience, have more sexual experience, more money, a more secure life overall, and don't mess around.

They're also usually more respectful and know how to treat a girl well.

• I think, especially seeing it in society and the responses from females, money and support. Protection and security. While it is true that they are more responsible, that's what I am seeing as the answer.

• I am 18 and it is illegal to have sex with under 18. I don't know about just dating and the less intimate stuff but it sucks. guess I have to wait till I become ugly and fragile.

• Cause they're usually mature

• probably money, being well-established

• i think that girls like older guys because they are more mature.. they feel safe with them because they know he is an adult and he is not playing them unlike teenage boys (like me) we really just want a girl for fun take me and my friends as an example

• Money money money money money!!!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rgr6EuG6zBw

• i think it sucks that girls think that way. i dont want to date a 16 year old :S

• Older means more time to accumulate wealth.
    More wealth= the more they can provide for their woman
    The more they can provide= more stability
    More stability= security
    Providing+Securing= A woman who has no worries

• i think it's more about maturity than wealth, but yes that can apply too for some girls.