How to deal with a mother who doesn't allow you to date?

She is extremely controlling and manipulative. I am 22 and she continues to treat me as if I'm 12. I was living alone before this but because of financial reasons I'm forced to stay with her for three more months.

She treats me like a failure and makes me feel like I don't deserve to date or enjoy my life because I'm unemployed. I'm trying very hard to get back on my feet but its taking time. I met a guy and I meet him once a week but she creates a huge fuss and doesn't talk to me because I meet this guy.

I have to stay with her for three months because after that I'm planning to move to different city. So how do I deal with her in these 3 months? Should I get angry? Listen to her? Try to explain? I'm lost.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well technically if you don't have any alternatives, you can handle this like a 16 year old with an overly protective father, aka do whatever you're already doing and don't tell her about anything. That's the solution to most problems unless you want to pick a fight and tell her that she's also had a boyfriend before and she's had sex before so you don't see the problem, but I advise against that unless you can actually leave the place and live somewhere else.

What Guys Said 3

• d00d you're 22. that sucks. but hey its only 3 months right?

• Umm ignore it? I'm sorry but giving a shit about what your family thinks about who you hang out with is really alien to me.

• It's 90 days. Just behave.

What Girls Said 2

• Try to explain.

• Your priority should be getting on your feet not dating. If you're moving to a new city what's the point of starting something?