Can girls ask guys out?

I and some of my friends all agree that it shouldn't be just guys asking girls out, Girls can ask out guys too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, you can. But be prepared to deal with rejections too.

What Guys Said 17

• Of course. In fact, it was my girlfriend who
    made the first move, now we've been together
    for a long time. ^.^

• Of course. Its 2014 time to abandon traditional gender roles. Do whatever feels right.

• OF COURSE!!! nowdays it doesn't matter who asks out who

• Oh my jam yes. Holy fudge yes. All of my yes. It's high time girls got over the whole sit around and wait for guys to make a move thing, it's so annoying.

• Yes totally!

• Yes, especially with a shy guy. If they're both too nervous to say something, nothing will ever happen.

• ok so I like a guy thats funny n doesn't mind sharing his witty remarks in class but when it comes to me he seems shy and i rlly like him I want to tell him but I don't know what to say? and he's rlly fit when im active but dont look fit im not a stick basically i guess im thick?

• @lovelydisaster You should say anything to him if you have an interest. The people who don't seem to talk to you are usually the ones that want to the most, Especially if they are shy. If you're worried about your size, don't be. If he's shy around you, then that means there's an interest, and if there's an interest, then that means your size doesn't matter to him.

• thanks a lot i guess im insecure cause to me he looks perfect as in he's too good for me but all of my girl friends dont think so they think he's not attractive lol I dress nicely but insecurity is just there i cnt get rid of the thought that i dont look good enough for him.

• Girls can; but do so only because you want to say it, not because the guy seems too shy to make the first move. If he seems to be the person who could do the first move, but isn't doing it, then do it.

• i also agree

• Of course it doesn't make any difference!!!

• Yes I think it's good for a women to ask me out. It shows that she has confidence

• Yes. Why not?

• Thats a turn on for guys. You ask a guy out, you got him for a very long time

• of course they can, i highly welcome it for a change

• They certainly can and they should be encouraged to if they really believe in the liberation of gender roles. In the ideal world everyone should try and approach the other gender if they can and want to.

It's just really hard for some girls to break the ice because a lot of them would not handle rejection as well as men.

I'm sure in a not so distant future we will see more women approaching men. And men being called jerks and anti-equality for rejecting and publicly humiliating those women and encouraging their suicide.

• No, it's not your place to ask a guy out.

• Sure, but I am a traditional thinker. Make sure the guy pays for you both.

• Can girls talk lol

What Girls Said 14

• I agree that girls should be able to ask guys out; sometimes it will only happen if you take fate into your own hands.

• Definitely, there isn't a rule that you can't lol It's not super common but very brave of whoever asks out a person. :)

• Yes. They can. And if they like a guy, they should.

• Yes, ofcourse we can! I would ask a guy out if I like him and he is shy and doesn't make any move with that...

• Yeah, of course they can. I asked my boyfriend out. He actually liked it.

• Yes girls can ask guys out it's 2014 for fucks sake

• Yeah definitely but from my experience, that doesn't work out so well LOLLL. Personally, I'm gonna wait for the guy to ask me

• Of course.

• Would a cocky guy who you know 100% finds you very attractive respond well to being asked out?

• I only go out with guys I ask out.

• It can work either way, it's just more common for boys to ask girls :)

• yes they sure can, it's gonna be almost 2015, i asked out first move of the guys i dated

• yeah, I think we can but, I'm not one of the girls who dare x)

• Yes girls can ask.