Dating Sites: What do you think of them?

I do not have a very good experiences of dating sites. I tend to see what are clearly fake profiles on. For example I was talking to this girl for a bit. She seemed genuine enough. Then from nowhere she sent me a link to some web site. It was for web cam sex. All the time she just wanted me as a customer. It's kind of put me off dating sites all together.

What are you're experiences with dating sites?

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought about creating a POF or OkCupid a while ago.

Checked out the sites and looked through several pages of the women, just to see what there was to offer.
    Not much.

Online dating just seems to be a magnet that attracts a lot of bad men/women that flush out the good ones, it seems

What Girls Said 4

• I disliked it. I always found pervy guys who all they wanted was sex. There were a few ok ones but nothing to where I wanted to meet them. I try it but then stop, try, stop, and tried again. The last time my friend told me to try it one last time (I had no hope) talk to a few. This time I started talking this one guy. We just talked about ordinary stuff. Wasn't a lot of chatting at once but it spread for a good decent time. 3 weeks later we exchange numbers, month later we met up then another month goes by and now he's my best friend, best guy, awesome boyfriend that I could ever ask for. I loved the fact that it was always casual and didn't talk about meeting till later.

You just gotta weed them out. Trust me I had to weed out a lot before met my special someone

• My issue is they are impersonal, no matter how many questions they ask you. There are a lot of... no offence to all men because I am sure there are woman like this too... but very desperate men who typically just pick you out for a picture and get nasty real quick. I prefer to meet face to face with a real person.

• well, I actually met my boyfriend using a dating site. We've been together for 5 whole months! I

• Been with my dating website bf for a year and a half.

Did the online thing for about 2 years. I had to learn a lot about weeding pervs out. I wouldn't meet them without chatting for at least a month regularly. Like page long conversations every couple of days. Never talk about sex related stuff.

Also took the dating slow. We weren't exclusive when we started, that took a few months.

I don't know you just have to take things slow and genuinely want to get to know someone. Ask questions or point out things in common from reading the profile.

What Guys Said 0