Dating Sites: What do you think of them?

I do not have a very good experiences of dating sites. I tend to see what are clearly fake profiles on. For example I was talking to this girl for a bit. She seemed genuine enough. Then from nowhere she sent me a link to some web site. It was for web cam sex. All the time she just wanted me as a customer. It's kind of put me off dating sites all together.

What are you're experiences with dating sites?

0|0
4|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought about creating a POF or OkCupid a while ago.

Checked out the sites and looked through several pages of the women, just to see what there was to offer.
    Not much.

Online dating just seems to be a magnet that attracts a lot of bad men/women that flush out the good ones, it seems

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I disliked it. I always found pervy guys who all they wanted was sex. There were a few ok ones but nothing to where I wanted to meet them. I try it but then stop, try, stop, and tried again. The last time my friend told me to try it one last time (I had no hope) talk to a few. This time I started talking this one guy. We just talked about ordinary stuff. Wasn't a lot of chatting at once but it spread for a good decent time. 3 weeks later we exchange numbers, month later we met up then another month goes by and now he's my best friend, best guy, awesome boyfriend that I could ever ask for. I loved the fact that it was always casual and didn't talk about meeting till later.

You just gotta weed them out. Trust me I had to weed out a lot before met my special someone

0|0
    0|0
  • My issue is they are impersonal, no matter how many questions they ask you. There are a lot of... no offence to all men because I am sure there are woman like this too... but very desperate men who typically just pick you out for a picture and get nasty real quick. I prefer to meet face to face with a real person.

0|0
    0|0
  • well, I actually met my boyfriend using a dating site. We've been together for 5 whole months! I

0|0
    0|0
  • Been with my dating website bf for a year and a half.

Did the online thing for about 2 years. I had to learn a lot about weeding pervs out. I wouldn't meet them without chatting for at least a month regularly. Like page long conversations every couple of days. Never talk about sex related stuff.

Also took the dating slow. We weren't exclusive when we started, that took a few months.

I don't know you just have to take things slow and genuinely want to get to know someone. Ask questions or point out things in common from reading the profile.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!