Who should say the first " I love you"?

Guys.. What are ur thoughts on a women saying I love you first? Do u prefer to say it first or do u want the women to say it first?

Ladies... Have you ever said it first and what was the reaction that you got?

Most Helpful Guy

• People should say whatever they are feeling whenever they like. As long as the feelings are real and true, then it doesn't matter who says it or when it's said. :-)

What Guys Said 12

• Morally - Guys should say first.
    Practically - The one who thinks he/she loves his/her SO more should say first.

• Honestly, I really don't think it matters who speaks it first as long as it's true. Secondly, it should be said dating or not because they may not know it and you aren't guaranteed another chance tomorrow. Hope I didn't get to far off topic.

• don't think it matters who says it first

• Whoever's not a pussy and truly stands behind what they say.

• The girl should because we all know what happens when the guy says it first.

• To me, there's nothing wrong with a female saying it first. In fact I wish my girlfriend would have! She wanted to say it for 6 months before I finally said it.

It was VERY stressful for me to say it. It would have been easier if she said it.

• There is rule for that. Just say it.

• Is this a gender roles question?

I think whoever feels it and is comfortable doing it should say it first. You can't generalize this one.

• If a guy is running his relationships correctly, the girl will say it first. If a guy says it first, his relationship skills are poor. A guy shouldn't say it, it should always be implied, never said outright.

• Those words are already implied by how we treat each other but I just think there is a lot of pressure on making that moment special. It just doesn't seem natural to create this grand jester.

• "a lot of pressure on making that moment special. It just doesn't seem natural to create this grand jester."

That's because it is unnatural and there doesn't need to be pressure on the moment. Don't plan it, don't think about it. When it is natural and without pressure, it won't be an issue to say it. Life isn't a movie with a climax. It's just a series of events.

• Don't tell me you're one of those people that 'plans' these sort of things or thinks that one person has some sort of role to play?

• No, it's not something that I have planned out in my head. It's been on the tip of my tongue for a couple months just have been too nervous to say it.

• Just say it when you feel like it's ready to burst out of you

• Say it when you know you feel it. Just don't take it hard if he's not there yet.

• The male does overwhelmingly, so it doesn't matter anyway, because life.

What Girls Said 6