I do not understand how and why people spend so much time and effort to find a girlfriend or boyfriend?

it is for me totally incomprehensible, so if anyone knows and wants explained it to me. it would be worth a lot to me

thanks for the input and ideas but I must say the concept is still alien too me

Most Helpful Guy

• We all happen to not be you.

• well thats helps a lot... gee its not like I did not think of that. now it all make sense. thanks anon I see the light thank you thank you so much

• I know how and why I don`t want a girlfriend. That were more to help you to understand me. what I do want to know is why others do find / have the need to find some to love. And I see that as a perfect validate question, its some thing alien to me and I want to know more to learn and understand, that is all, no need to get rude.

• But there is no reasoning. You know this. I know this. We know this. You explain away why you don't want X or Y but in reality you just don't want X or Y and then validate that with explanations. It's backwards. Wants and Needs are axiomatic in nature; you explain why you want or don't want things but not why the wants exist to begin with. Same with needs.

What Girls Said 5

• They think they're one half of a yin yang. They think they're incomplete without the other half.

• Companionship and some want sex

• Their life depends on it

• The same question here...

• Because these people genuinely believe this is the only way to happiness. If you notice, lots of them are very unhappy with other aspects of their life to. They think a boy/girlfriend will solve their problems.

What Guys Said 4

• Having a girlfriend, in my opinion, is like the icing on top of the cake. You focus on the cake (career, other aspects of life) first, and only once it forms into an acceptable masterpiece, do you add the icing and other goodies. You can't have a cake without icing, and you can't have icing without a cake (well, you can, but it won't be as good)...

And to quote Christopher McCandless: "Happiness only becomes real when shared."

• but as others have stated, many believe having a bf/gf would bring them the happiness... but if there ain't happiness to begin with, then there is nothing to share; the relationship is doomed to fail.

• It's our biological drive to meet up with the opposite sex.

• A combination of hormones and the primal urge to mate.

• apparently its a primal innate desire that does not go away