Do guys like getting asked out by girls? Like on a date?

I have always heard that guys like the chase so when a woman asks a man out its not as exciting. Is it true men are not interested when women pursue them? I ask this because for a while at my work I had a customer who I thought was cute and nice. We conversed every time he went in and it got to the point that he would go in til I was closing the shop and he would ask me what I was doing afterwards. I was so oblivious that I didn't realize he was trying to ask me out so I always told him I was simply gonna work on some homework once I got home. Months have passed since that happened and he never asked me out which sucks because I actually have a crush on him. Would it be weird if I asked him if he'd like to hangout?

Most Helpful Guy

• Whoever told you guys like the chase lied to you! Players like the chase, everyone else loves it when women make the move! Especially if the guy feels like he will get rejected if he tries, so he gives up, if he was asked out, it would be amazing.

What Guys Said 4

• I would, cause I know she invest her time in me and is interested. I like it for sure.

• Well, you're generalizing a bit. Not everyone is the same. But that's really irrelevant isn't it? It looks like if you don't ask him out nothing will happen. So if you ask him, yes maybe he'll be turned off and won't ask you out, but maybe he will ask you out. But if you don't, he won't either.

It sounds like an easy decision to me.

• i sure absolutely do!!!

• I would love a girl to ask me out. Most guys I know would too. Everyone is different but I think most guys would be flattered and appreciate it if a girl asked them out. The whole "guys like the chase" thing is nonsense for most guys.

What Girls Said 1

• from my experience, most guys love it!