I think I repel boys?

Im not very street smart; I have no common sense. I'm pretty mature for my age; I'm 17, but I've never been in a relationship. That's doesn't bither me but the fact that no guy has ever asked me out does. I know "patience is a virtue", and "boys are stupid" I'm pretty decent. But no guy has ever really showed interest in me. Why could that be?

*bother
*bother me, but

Most Helpful Guy

• One thing is that you are very young. The other thing is there are plenty of girl in your shoes. I wouldn't think its got anything to do with you, people now are generally scared of asking each other out now. Being street smart, wouldn't repel boys lol. The way you are talking about yourself is rather cute. But it wouldn't put me off you. We all have our flaws.

There is nothing with you, we are all in the same boat lol. Believe or not a lot of people are struggling to get a boyfriend and girlfriend.

So don't be to hard yourself young lady. Your part of the crowd lol. On a serious, its tough out there in the dating scene for both sexes.

What Guys Said 6

• Ok, let me start by answering your question. Your phrase: "boys are stupid" shows that your friends aren't as mature as you. Never accept words like this from people. It sounds like they are bitter. Sure, both girls and boys typically don't know what they want (especially girls) at that age. But just think positive. Secondly you seem to be insecure by calling yourself stupid and a person who lacks common sense. That's why you 'repel' them. The mindset you have about them and your self confidence. You need to raise your self esteem and stop thinking like that about boys. Maybe you are quiet and not making a move or flirt? Environment? Not sure about that one. I would say take some time to enjoy life and look around for guys that may interest you and go from there. I know how you feel, but recently a few times I would think just like you. It didn't help at times. So I just change my attitude and think positive. I also have accomplished a few things, which boosted my self esteem and self worth. Maybe do something like that and it will help you. You have a way to go and you will find someone. Just don't give up and keep looking.

• Lol I have a huge ego, but I say things as they are. I really don't have common sense. I'm pretty outgoing, and I apparently flirt with everyone according to my friends. I don't try to; I think it's just my personality.

• I think the chances are there will be a few guys who find you attractive, it's just you a very young and so are the guys.

• You can't expect guys to approach all the time. I say this all the time but girls need to learn they should be able to approach guys just as much as guys should be able to approach girls. You have to get yourself involved in things.

• I approach guys all the time; it's just guys always seem to friend zone me. :(

• You see I thought I got lots of dates. I go out with hung lots of my guy "friends". They never classify it as a date though, and then stuff happens and we just end up as friends. I honestly think I'm pretty good looking. I'm not hot, but lots of guys tell me I'm pretty/beautiful. I don't wear makeup, and I don't do anything to my hair, but most people think I do. I'm really short 4'11", and I'm Arab. Maybe do you think that could be it?

• Yeah mostly likely your ethnicity has some influence. It means there'll a few less guys that consider you "their type." So you might have a little trouble pulling guys initially, but if you're still a cool person and plenty pretty then you should be able to turn close friends into bf's. All I can say is eventually some guy will want to chase you, I have four PNG aunts that all married white guys so I'm sure you find a guy at some point. But in the meantime be persistent and aggressive because there's no sense in waiting around for that guy to come along.

• Maybe your considered out of there league!

• There is no such thing as a league in my opinion though. I think most girls don't recognize the "leagues".

• Ok only trying to help!

• lol sorry. Thank you :)

• if you walk around with a mentality of boys are all stupid and stuff, expect for lots of boys to not to talk to you. Have a more approachable mindset like not all guys are the same.

• Lol I think you are mistaken. I don't think all boys are stupid, but when I said that in my question I meant that that's how everyone has tried to comfort me by saying that boys are stupid. I do agree though that guys my age don't know what they want yet and are heavily confused. But I don't agree with the statement.

• I beg to differ, most boys are stupid. Especially at your age. Guys generally mature slower and some may not even consider having a girlfriend or even find a girl attractive yet.

• Just be who you are... approach the boys you like and treat them the way you want to be treated... give them confidence with complements and show b them you want them... you will find a good guy.. m

• Im always myself, and I compliment guys all the time. Ugh I don't know if guys just think I'm a flirt bc I honestly don't know what flirting really is.

• I'm 17 though. Isn't this around the time where guys' hormones are roaring?

• Yes but boys that age are like a kindergartener with sugar. If the catch a girl they have no idea how to treat her. That's why most women date older more mature men. Take it easy. You have time. Work on you and your self esteem/confidence. You will meet a good guy (most likely in college). Relax and have faith.

What Girls Said 2

• When you are younger, only the super hot girls get asked out. as you get older, you will meet guys who want to date you and don't care that you don't belong in the ultra hot category. In high school only sluts and hot girls get boyfriends. Some people don't fall into either category and manage to find a date but those people are few and far between. In my school they were non-existent. As you get into university guys are thinking about marriage and they assess you by a different standard.

• I know what you mean, but lol I honestly think I'm pretty good looking.

• Boys are stupid?
    Can't have that mentally if you want those guys to ask you out... Anyways have you tried eaching out and talking to some? You can't expect guys to just come adter you if you don't know them

• Reaching*
      after*

• Well all of my guy friends show the body language, but they aren't into me. I try not to be too clingy. I don't wear makeup and I don't do my hair, but I don't think I need to since I have long dark thick eyelashes and I have long dark curly hair. People think I wear makeup and curl my hair. I think I'm very boring, but I'm sure I'm decently interesting.

• I can't understand why they wouldn't be interested in you then :/ You sound very pretty by the way :)