(No hating or bashing of any kind) Is Being a Lesbian/gay unfair to other guys and girls?

Ok I'm not hating on any sexual preferences or what you like, But (girls) don't you think being attracted to other girls is fair for good-hearted dudes who can't find anyone? No ignorance but I understand you love a certain someone. But I think it's unfair for both parties. If you like a girl/guy a lot and find out that they swing the other way, or you have to compete with someone of the opposite sex...

OK update, I mean initially Bisexuality. Because you have to compete with both sides. Update: bisexual.

Most Helpful Girl

• How is that unfair. First the oils have had to compete ith the rest of their gender, now it's just their gender and one other gender. It's honestly not that different. People who like more than one gender aren't just in love with everyone all the time (just like how people think lesbians want to have sex with every girl, no they don't they have standards and preference too), so they're still picky. And if you already know them you've got a better shot. If you don't know them then you dot know and there's no penalty and you should just approach as you regularly would.

What Girls Said 8

• Just because a guy likes a girl doesn't mean she'll be interested in him back though. She could have her eyes on another guy. I don't really see how being a lesbian changes that. A lot of the time you have to compete with someone else regardless if they're gay or not. I would only think someone who has that kind of attitude is someone who feels entitled to the opposite gender.

This is coming from a girl who has been rejected by every man she's ever liked. He always liked another girl better. So if I fell for a guy and he turned out to be gay I don't think it would really change much. Actually I think I would prefer it. I would know it's not me, it's just that he doesn't like women at all. Usually when a guy picks another girl it's because she's better looking.

• YES!! OMG how fucking selfish of them! SOOOO UNFAIR.

You know what else is unfair? When a fat chick dates a skinny hot guy. Like seriously? Why date skinny good looking guys when there's plenty of fat guys? Fucking unfair and selfish fat girls.
    Or when tall guys date short girls!! OMG that is the worst! Do you know how many short guys would love to date these petite women? How many tall girls would love to date these tall men?
    But NOOOOOO. These damn people are dating who not only they're attracted to but also their partner likes them back. SO FUCKING UNFAIR! ;_;

I hope you didn't agree with any of that cuz that was my lame ass sarcasm. Maybe we should just all as humans cut this "woe is me crap" and realize that hey, sometimes the person you like won't like you back. It happens, A LOT. We can either cry about their partner, and for some odd reason blame their partner for that person we like who was most likely single choosing them over us, OR we can just stfu and let grown consenting adults fuck who they wanna fuck. Sometimes (actually most times) it's best to just let people date who they wanna date and be happy.

• I knew this was a touchy subject. And even though I never said it, (I did say no hating or bashing), I left out rude sarcasm. You could've saved my time, and yours by just saying "i disagree" Like a lot of good people on this thread, But you had to do that...

• Sorry babycakes, regardless if you wanted it or not, I'll be my sarcastic asshole self :)

• You got me at babycakes

• No. Not at all. A person's personal preference is their own business, particularly when they can't help it. No matter the reason, it's never unfair when anyone doesn't want to date someone. It's their own decision. And even more so when they can't help their preference.

• Haha oh sure it's unfair. Guys and girls should feel so cheated that they're excluded from the interests of of the 10% of gays and lesbians. I mean who would they date now? The other 90%? That's totally unfair and their dating pool is so unjustly reduced.

• *sigh.. I said no ignorance or bashing needed. My bad with the sarcasm. But I'm 100% sure those numbers are false.

• Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. I really hope you find the perfect girl you.

• thankyou. To you on your endeavors as well

• Just because you like someone doesn't make you entitled to their affections.

• Not saying that, But if you were talking to this guy for example, and was really into him full blown, and realize he is also into guys, wouldn't you feel bad?

• I can agree to that. That is another trait that humans share. Is the desire for the touch and affection of a significant other

• That is very true.

• I don't think it's unfair. you love who you love

• how is it not fair? is it also not fair that a gay guy likes you but you are attracted to girls?

• ahh it's a touchy subject. maybe I'm referring to something specifically.

• It's a bummer; tons of cute guys are gay.

What Guys Said 8

• There are more gay guys then lesbian women. So this leaves a hetero imbalance in our favor.

So... you know. Shhhhhhhhhh.

• The percentage of gay and lesbian people is about 4%. As long as there's an even number of gay guys to lesbians then it's hardly unfair. Although there are about 3 times as many bi girl as there are bi guys, I think a lot of them have lesbian relationships that makes it a little harder for men to find a partner overall. It's not the most unfair thing there is, but yeah I guess it can be a little unfair.

• YES THANKS

• Yup, that is very true OP.

• Yes the bamboo... DON'T eat any lol. and Muchas gracias, thankyou, arigato

• O_o
    i don't understand, how is it unfair?
    just because you like someone doesn't mean they have to like you back.
    its not about being fair or not, it's a simple fact of life... some folk are born enjoying the pleasures of the same sex.

and just because ya can't find a girl, doesn't mean one will fall in ya lap if they were not lesbian

• Yes indeed my favorite Greek god but also I updated to bisexual, which is a little less touchy

• I understand what ya saying,
      but from my viewpoint i see it like; the world is full of various people, all of which having different tastes and preferences when it comes to dating romance, its quite beautiful ^_^
      but to say its unfair, is like saying its unfair some women prefer blondes if you have dark hair.
      like... gay folk are born loving who they love ^_^ (i know many think its a choice... but no... just no)
      and i know it may suck to not have someone and see girls with other girls, probs make ya feel a tad shitty.
      but that's the way it is buddy, its not about fairness, they can't help it :3
      be happy for em and be patient on ya own quest ^^

• I feel ya bro. Live and learn I guess. Hanging on the edge of tomorrow.. live and learn you'll never find your wayyyyy. sorry it's a song lol

• I feel your pain. Back in my 20s, I went to a gay bar. I was dancing with this chick,,, it was getting hot and heavy. We both kinda looked over at this girl standing off to the side at the same time. The chick on the side flashes her tits at both of us, and my dancing partner immediately ditches me... but my reaction was

ipstenu.org/.../iaintevenmad.jpg

• All is fair in love and war.
    The same applies here. If a girl picks a lesbian over you, then you probably didn't deserve her regardless of your intentions

• Actually, not all is fair in love and war. Natural selection has made it to where the weak of the species dies out, and isn't capable of donating to the gene pool, and war? if you put a trained killer against a child, I assume that is fair? Now I agree with the love who you love, but don't insult me with that quote. Because it isn't true

• No Natural selection takes those already strong in that environment and passes those genes on

• if a weak seal with the genes to survive in another 10 years was compared to a strong healthy seal that could only live 5, the strength of that seal now would be chosen

• Its not unfair. People who can't find love with the sex their into so they are angry at you for being homosexual are probably losers and something is wrong with them.

• I'm not, I just asked.

• There are some really hot lesbians that I wish were straight or bisexual. . .

• I feel your pain my brother :( But they are free to make their own preferences..

• This question confuses me and I don't know what to say. I'm not gay but I just overall want to say noo? to your question lol.

• Confuses you? lol I can see why, It's touchy so I wanted to be meticulous with my wording

• I understand. Does not mean you take out your anger on me. That's what training and trees are for. But I DID NOT call anyone an outcast or a freak. I have numerous gay friends, which is saying something because I DO NOT LIKE PEOPLE at all. So the fact that I call some people my friends is something. And assuming incorrectly? no, I was ignorant of the situation, so I assumed correctly based off of the knowledge given to me. However, with new knowledge comes new answers. Guess again and Forgive me

• I somewhat agree that's choice not because I'm an asshole but because realistically there is no other organism on earth that would chose to be with another member of their species who is the same sex so the smart guy in me says it's not choice it can't be but the nice guy in me says it's not a choice. What I will say is I'd be willing to put like a 100$ bet on that bisexual people are choosing to be either straight or gay because they want to be affiliated with both groups, so if your bi pick a side don't do both :)