Does money and/or success make a guy more attractive?

I'm not judging, I am genuinely curious as to whether or not success and money make a guy more attractive in your eyes. There's lots of beautiful girls who end up with wealthy men, is this simply because they want the money or does it actually make a guy more attractive? I mean, if a guy is rich and successful, would that make him more attractive to you than if he wasn't? Is it because you're attracted to the alpha-male type?
Be honest please.

It would be good if you could elaborate a little. Thanks :).

• Yes, money and success make a guy more attractive
  • Success makes a guy more attractive
  • Money makes a guy more attractive
  • No, it doesn't change anything

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't care about money, but a guy who is successful at what he does, and works hard for something? Yes that is very attractive

• Until he makes one bad investment and loses it all.
      Then he's as attractive as a homeless bum, until he earns it all back again.

• I didn't say he had to make money while being successful at what he does @Tractorbeam - there are plenty of people who are successful at what they do, but don't get paid well for it. I honestly don't care about a guys money, I would always work and make my own money, whether my guy was rich enough for me not too or not.

• Thanks for MH :)

What Girls Said 7

• No, no and no. The girls who only date men with money and/or success are exactly that, girls. They have no substance, they are only after the materialistic features to feed other insecurities. This disgusts me.

I'd rather date a guy with nothing but has that ambition and charisma to support himself and his dreams, whatever they migt be.

He could still be an alpha-male without money.

• the sexiest quality a man can have is masculinity. confidence is masculine. successfuk men often enjoy a confidence

• Money not by itself is attractive in my opinion, but success ( which usually coincides with earning good money ) and ambition is very attractive!

• Yes it does make guys more attractive but money and success isn't the one one that would dictate if one would love you for who you are and not for the materialistic thongs you are having. It would be great if you can find a way to test a girl if she likes you truthfully or not. I hope this helps. :)

• Maybe because the guy isn't lazy and actually worked hard to get wheres he's at thats attractive and also obvious reasons.
    But for me i dont care if the guy is super rich as long as he has a good job and ambition

• For those materialistic girls yes attractive to them, for me it doesn't work.

• The only time success and money changes things is when the person cannot support themselves or isn't trying to (or expects you to)

What Guys Said 4

• Extra income can do wonders to make a man more attractive in the eyes of the average woman (most of them are whores at heart).

Here's on example that shows how a 5'6" man can be just as attractive as a 6' man, provided he earns a mere $183,000 per year more than the taller man. See reference 11 in this link.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookism#cite_note-11
    In real terms he only has to compensate her about $90,000 per year (her share of the extra money), for her tolerating his shortness. I think I'd ditch the woman, and keep the $90,000 per year.

• Because certain girls are superficial so they only want you for your money

• i believe so, at least it's what i'm fed to believe

• Success without money doesn't change anything. It's just my experience in life.

• Tell that to scientists

• Everyday I look at the mirror and I tell myself this truth!

• Many brilliant scientists died penniless (despite their great achievements), and nobody wanted them.