Ladies, if you met a guy who is a teacher, would that be a pro or con?

I am just wondering as a young single teacher, if I told girls I was a high school teacher when I go out and meet women (to date, not to hook up) if that would help or hurt my odds. I do okay money wise, but nothing super, I do enjoy my job.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I'm being completely honest, I'd say negative. Not a big deal, but not gonna lie I'd prefer another career path.

It's just I feel that it's a career with rather few options for promotions or other career advancement. More likely than not you'll be doing the same thing for the next 40 years

• Honesty is always good. And that is exactly true! One of the reasons I thought teaching would not seem very attractive to women I meet. But it seems like there are a good amount that would be either neutral or positive, so I am thankful in the end!

• May I hear what you are looking to go into that is different? Just curious.

• he's doing it. not you. why do you care if hell be doing the sam thing for 40 years?

What Girls Said 11

• well I'm an aspiring teacher myself, and while i think guy teachers r awesomeness, id rather date someone of a different profession. I don't know y. just a preference i guess. BUT it would definitely not be a deal breaker.

• No I agree, I am not sure I would date a female teacher, but I would not turn one away for the reason either!

• That would be pretty cool.. If a guy came up and talked to me and mentioned he was a teacher.. I would be shocked (in a happy way) it's just like "what are the odds" someone who wants to help shape the future of kids.. No harm done there.. Thumbs up 👍

• Wow, thanks for the support! I don't think I would just throw it out there like that, but I just never thought of teaching as like an attractive trait.

• To some people it might to others it might not.. In my preference, I would think it would be a good thing for sure

• It would be an absolute pro for me. Teachers are awesome! I'm becoming one myself. My fiance is going to be a teacher too and I think it's awesome. Not a turn off at all.

• Thank you very much! I just find it is a bit tough after college and such to meet women right now.

• Pro, if they were a professor of something I found interesting. I dated a professor once, he was absolutely lovely, but it was always a little awk, since he actually taught someone I knew, aha.

• That would be awkward... but what about a high school history teacher?

• OMG that'd be sooo cool. At least I would know the person I was talking to wasn't stupid.

• There are a lot of stupid teachers who are not good at their job, but I am happy you think positively towards us, always nice no matter!

• Money , in my opinion is not everything. The fact you have a job is a win, but only gold diggers care about how much you make. I think it would help. besides if they have an issue with your job they are not dating material after all. I work in an abattoir as a meat inspector , thinks guys would have an issue with that? :)

• I don't know much about that career, but as long as it is something you enjoy I honestly would not care!

• Lower middle class life is fine by me, so long as I have a good gf/wife!

• I concur. a good partner who ' s got your back is far more important than a job title :)

• I love teachers, I'm actually going to school I become one myself

• I'd love it. If I already like him it'd just make me like him more... Especially history. And philosophy.

:-)

• Did you read my other comment? ;)

• Teachers are cool and i think with a nice personality you can get any ladies attention!

• It might depend on what subject, at least for me. I mean, if you were a great guy in every other area then I would definitely give you a chance! But unless you were a professor, or PhD, it wouldn't help/hurt your chances for me. Unless you were like a high school PE teacher or something... I hope you're not!

• I teach history mostly. I am looking to move up into the honors/AP role in the next year or two. I also teach one philosophy and one economics elective. And it is funny you mention the PhD because professors, at least in history don't start to make more than high school teachers until there late 30's usually, and until then they are just adjunct working crazy amounts for little. Again, that is just the history field though, the reason I did not go on for a PhD.

• I think it would be okay, I definitely wouldn't mind.

• I'd probably have a crush on you and make you fuck me 😘 lol

• And then go to jail... Thanks!

• It would be our little secret 😅

• Thanks but I'll pass. Casual Fridays are my nightmare because the girls think I am a student sucks enough as is. Just have fun with the boys your age

What Guys Said 1

• From a male perspective I'd love to fuck a teacher. It would be like fulfilling a teenage fantasy! lol. I remember being in school at around 15 with hot teachers in their early 20s. I'd call them miss lol!