So ladies, and guys, I need your input. I want to get my son dating. How should he go about it? Please help?

So, my 26 year old son hasn't really been dating since his HS Prom. He wanted to complete college and in December he got his Masters degree in Computer Information Systems. Then he got a good job at a Fortune 20 firm in January paying around $70k. He said he was focused on making his fortune (he saved $50k already as he lives with us) and said he doesn't want a family as the divorce rate and cost of kids are high. He is tall (6'1"), very smart, thin (165lbs), white, red/auburn hair, fair skin, funny/sarcastic, well travelled, normal looks. He is also a gamer and his friends are mostly online and most are guys but he seems happy. He just mentioned that he might start online dating, but i heard this second hand. I will speak to him today or this weekend about it as I would like some grandchildren some day. Any ideas on how he should go about online dating? Which sites? Should he list his hair as red or auburn? Are the many gamer girls out there (I don't think the girl would need to be one but i would help i think). Any help would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• He has that great of a job and he still lives at home? At 26? My god kick him out. He feels no need for companionship becsuse of you. Besides, no adult wants their parent to meddle in their love lives. If you're even his parent. media20.giphy.com/.../giphy.gif?w=320

• He says he is moving out early next year so that is a start. And yeah, i am his parent, and i am told by him to back off.

• Oh one more thing. If you end up having to kick him out and he's like "if you loved me you would let me stay" or anything like that, keep in mind that it's quite the contrary. The reason why you would kick him out, would be because you love him very much, and want him to live his young adulthood to the fullest and be independent.

• I agree. I think he will move out. His mom isn't too happy though. But he needs to get out and get in the world. He is going one way or another but the plan was always that he would stay until a year after he got his job so he could save money. Thats over in January. I think he is very serious about it.

What Girls Said 6

• ... I've never seen someone pretend to be their own father on here before.

Very original. Good luck with the online dating.

I mean for your SON
    38.media.tumblr.com/...lvdqtpKFzr1r4ghkoo1_400.gif

• Actually i am his father. didn't expect that...

• I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, even though I think you're full of shit and give you real advice.

Leave. Him. Alone.

Stay out of it.

• I think i have waited awhile. I will talk to him but maybe just nudge him than push, which is where i was going originally.

• Some people aren't interested in a relationship. Just like there are heterosexual people there are also homosexual, bisexual and asexual people. Asexual is having no interest in sex and possibly relationships. The best you can do is tell him you love him and hope for the best after he moves out if you want grand children. Just be thankful that you have such a smart child who can support himself and live life to the fullest. If he never has kids just be blessed that you have one amazing child.

• I hope it isn't that but who knows. I think you are right, all i can do is tell hi i love him and hope for the best. thank you!

• Haha your son seems to be so nice xx

• I just worry as i was married at his age. I know people get married later now but im and getting nervous. He is very nice actually but sarcastic too.

• Don't be nervous. He hasn't find the perfect girl yet.. :)

• The problem is, he really isn't out there which means he won't find her. He needs to start meeting people other than gamers. I was hoping some smart girl at his work would catch his attention or vice versa.

• Wow your son sounds like a smart guy :) I think he should try socializing a little instead of dating sites. Tell him to go out at nights or attend some workshops or maybe start a dance course.

• I dont think he would go for that but that is a great idea, the dance class. i will suggest it. He isn't the clubber type, i think anyway. I used to clubs to clubs as a young guy but i knew the band, nit sure how much i would have if not for that. That is why i think online dating may be best, at least at first. Maybe a date can get him to a club.

• For some reason Im not buying this, but if you are his dad then leave him alone. Its got nothing to do with you and he is big enough to make his own decisions and mistakes.

• I am actually his dad. I enjoy my family and i think he is being short sighted. So i want to encourage him to get out there.

• Thanks. I appreciate that. thanks for your thoughts on this.

• No worries. Have fun when the grand children arrive :)

• I'd date him lol but you can't try to hook him up he would just find that super lame.

• Not looking to hook him up as he needs to do that. But i need him to start looking. So i have decided to talk to him to get him moving that way.

What Guys Said 3

• Do you think he's given up on dating, or does he simply not want the same things you do in life?

To not attempt dating for 8 years and then to focus entirely on saving money at his age and be concerned with the cost of child rearing suggests he may not have typical views on those things. If he's happy, he's happy.

• He is happy. But i think he will miss out on great things in life. He will move out early next year and he says he will date but it will be a gamers girl. He thinks if he doesn't have his own place that that would be a dealkiller for a girl.

• ... are skills. He doesn't magically become good or even okay at those things because he's now got the bank balance and apartment he wants.

Some of those skills he could be developing now.

There's no way to develop the skills without practicing them.

• I agree. But he is stubborn. He isn't socially awkward but there is more needed if you are talking to a girl about dating. He also won't date a girl that he thinks isn't very smart. he is smart, so he should learn fast about about yhe obvious things but yhere is a lot to learn when it comes to women.

• i'm actually want to be like your son... earning high salary... since i'm not handsome and smart so earning a good salary will get me girls

• I think his salary will help. His future potential is very good. I do think that attracts women but just like good looking women get attracted to by their looks, you would want something a little deeper for a longterm relationship.

• A lot of women find a man who can make money attractive. It is in their insticts. It has value to them and is genuinly an attraction factor. There has to be more but it is important.

• @kheserthorpe i have no more things to offer... i'm broke, not intelligent, not fit, etc. this could be my lucky ticket to get girls

• damn, thats very financially successful at a young age, did he get laid at least with his high school girlfriend? even if hasn't dated since his HS Prom, i assume maybe he has gotten one-night stands, casual sex if he isn't a virgin

• I dont think. He just got a promotion today. He is going to try online dating okcupid and maybe match. Com I am guessing he should find someone but he has to want to spend time on things he hasn't had an interest in before like going out much more often. He is getting an apartment in January or February .

• Is it true its very hard, close to impossible to get hired at a job that provides financial stability, a decent income to live on without some form of college education? Like without a degree or certificate?

• I found this list of high paying jobs that you dont need a degree. I would suggest doing a lot of searches on this type of data as there are other jobs i am sure that are not covered. Also note that you can learn a business from someone and then create your own business and bulld it. It will take decades but you could be a multimillionaire. I knew a guy a long time ago that rented his crane then bought more cranes then more and then he was very wealthy.

www.careercast.com/.../20-great-jobs-without-college-degree