Could you ever date and alcoholic, or would you?

Would you ever date an alcoholic?

Most Helpful Guy

• A full fledged alcoholic? No, I wouldn't want to do that. Any sort of addiction is a turn off for me.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah I could lol I'd probably think I could help her and just end up hurting myself when I'm wrong, honestly. Hopefully I wouldn't date one lol

• I drink more alcohol that an alcoholic if I wanted to but I wouldn't date an alcoholic.
    this is actually a disease and you can't just turn it of.
    my actual bad experience is that you can't give a girl alcohol and be her boyfriend at the same time (she doesn't know what she's doing) and will 'unwillingly' cheat on you. that's why I better avoid it.

• If it''s alcoholic by the doctors definition , which is about having four 4 drinks 2 times a week then yes.

If it's two bottles of vodka a day everyday then no..

• no because of their mood swings when drunk.

• Fuck that. I had some experiences with an alcoholic step dad and I don't want any more.

• Never going to happen.

What Girls Said 10

• No I would not.

• No. Nope. Never

• I knew to many growing up. So no I never would date an alcoholic.

• I couldn't even be with someone that drinks.

• no never would... they would only hurt you.. they'll come home drunk decide they want something and beat you up for it... just stay away...

• No I would not.

• nah, could turn out bad.

• how would you know for sure?

• I had an ex that was alcoholic, I tried helping him and I wanted him to stop but the alcohol took over his mind, I just looked at ur name its kind of spelled like mine. All he ever did was drink and he still does and has not stopped. I don't mind but if it gets to a point where he chooses drinking over me then we have a problem.

• oh i see. so it was all time consuming... bc some people drink but you dk bc they do it with friends or alone...

• I don't know who he got it from or where he got it from but it was just taking over his mind, and I never seen him act that way. He told me he does, if my partner want to drink they can idc, but I'm not going to sit there and be an option to someone. I'd rather just pack my bags and leave. I already have a mother that drinks and its hard for me. How u gonna tell me idk? You don't live with me, you don't know what goes on in my life.

• My father was an abusive (physical, mental, sexual you name it..) alcoholic. I would NEVER date an alcoholic. It took me months to even be remotely comfortable around my current SO when hed have a drink or two. I was always waiting for a switch to be flipped and him to turn into a monster like my father...

• No i couldnt and i wouldn't date a alcoholic why would you date alcoholic?

• I didn't say I would, I wouldn't whatsoever. I'm not going to come second in someone's life. if they want to drink they can but they can't have me too.

• Although I did have an ex that was an alcoholic and kept putting me last in our relationship, I gave him time decide and he decided to drink instead of work out our relationship. I told him if he can drink he can but he can't have me too

• I only asked because you asked but nuff love for not being second best in your last relationship