How can I tell if a girl is interested in me and not my money?

Ok so I am a 27 year old mechanical engineer. I won't say what it is exactly I do or how much money I make, but it is obvious that I make a lot of money because of the way I dress and talk. I also drive a Porsche 911 GT3 (150k car). What can I do to avoid gold diggers? I do not mean to offend any ladies here. I am really seeking advice. The last girl I was really starting to like was with me for my money. It is really making me feel sad and hopeless in finding my soul mate. :/

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you just have to be with a girl for a while to judge. I'm with a guy who is also 27. I met him around 24. He doesn't drive a porsche, but he owns houses. At first, I'm intrigued that he has his own career and a house. Its a plus, but it's not the money I cared about. His personality is the most important. Having a place and a career means he's set and responsible. I was with someone for 6 years and he never thought about marriage because he didn't have money and didn't have a stable job. He ended up cheating on me because the other girl had money to go out, so I wasted 6 years of my life. I didn't understand why because I'm understanding.

My current bf thought I was a gold digger until he found out my personality. He dated many girls who's out for his money. I guess it's because he's self conscious about his looks and they're just after his money. Not true, my bf is extremely good looking to me =). He doesn't spoil me and I love that about him. I think a girl gets spoil because of their bf and family. Just make sure to stay real and conserve money. Make them learn that a dollar is hard to make and it's true. Don't be too romantic.

What Girls Said 5

• That's exactly the reason why I'd never date a rich guy. He'd always think I am after him because of his stupid money. Anyway, find a woman who earns the same amount of money as you. Otherwise, don't bother.

• Look at her lifestyle and how she treats her family and friends. Sometimes that may work. It's her sincerity and life goals.

• Dress "normal" when your out looking for girls and be mindful of where your looking. Surround yourself with intelligent people and that's where you'll find her.

• Simply date women who are financially on your level.

• First of all you can't go around thinking ALL women want you for your money because of that one bad apple. You will miss out on a good thing if you keep it up...
    Second of all there are No clear ways to know if a woman only wants money because some women will lead you on to think she's not a gold digger but you'll find out when it's too late... You really have to use your intuition with this one...

My ex was a network engineer and I know he has lots of money because he lives in a mansion AND he even pulled up his bank account (s)*via internet* in front of me:) he's rich Lol... but that did not phase me at all. He Also gave me money when I least expected because I never asked him for anything... Just use your gut instinct!

• @the poster under me... Just because a woman is well does not "eliminate" her from being a gold digger... if anything those women are the gold diggers because they are USED to the finer things in life and a RICH man to them would be a BONUS... Just my two cents..

• Well off

• @Account he never mentioned if the woman who wanted his money made the same amount as him...

What Guys Said 3

• Just plan one day where you will tell her you have been let go from your job and you will have to downsize. If she stays and is mostly ok with it, then she is a keeper. If she rages and complains mostly about the money, then she's in it for the money.

• this feels like a catch-22 because apparently womens minds are programmed to seek out a guy with providership capabilities

• I feel you man. You could always humble yourself and do the 'Coming to America' and be a Prince and work in a McDonalds.

I think that there are lots of choices for this. You say you drive a Porsche but that is obviously either you like Porsches of you're compensating for something.

My road was having a relationship with God and depending on him only and not look for girls or relationships anymore. It does get lonely but I am learning more and feel that I am better prepared for my future.