Does height really matter to girls when it comes to dating a guy?

I stand 5'8. I don't feel like I'm that short but many girls I've dated always keep pointing it out. I'm athletic and muscular, very self confident , very hardworking, and good looking (going on what people and girls tell me). I'm very successful for my age, I'm 20 years old and I'm a top ranking real estate agent in my city, been on the deans list almost every semester and have a high chance of getting into the top business school in California. I feel like I have so many good qualities that should make girls over see the fact that I'm 2 inches shorter than average, especially when I'm still taller than all the girls I've dated wearing heels. So is height really a big factor, or is not why do they keep brining it up, after a while it makes me feel bad about myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Height matters because of sex. I've dated a guy shorter than me. He was 5'5 and I stood 5'7. I would make fun of him, but in a teasing way. I was with him for 6 years and I guess he left me with a shorter woman which was only one inch shorter than he was. Anyways, if you're self conscious about your height, please find someone at least 5 inches shorter than you. if you're confidence about the way you look, who cares what she thinks because you're successful. Its like katie holmes and tom cruise or Tom cruise and Nicole kidman. I want to be with someone who loves themselves more. If a girl says that you're short and she meant it, then she's just immature and being shallow. if jokingly, let her know it's not funny. If she loves you, she'll stop and stay with you.

What Girls Said 4

• For me personally I like guys the same height as me or taller because I'm tall enough and I don't want to feel like a giant around him but every girls different and obviously if your I love with a guy who is smaller than you the you wouldn't care what size he is if your in love

• Let me tell you as someone who is 5'1 that most girls (esp. us shorter babes) like all types of height. However it is true that a girl who wants to feel protected would want someone taller. But your height sounds great! No worries!

• It doesn't matter at all if they think it does then you're with the wrong girl. their shallow and don't deserve you. just keep looking you'll find someone who loves you just like you are :)

• I don't care as long as I'm shorter. In your case I would be.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah, it matters.