I'm 15, he's 22... is that ok?

So this guy and I have established we like each other, BUT the problem is our age. I turn 16 next march. I don't know whether I should go on a date with him or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am sixteen and my ex is twenty one but honestly the reason it didn't wok is because of the age, we could both do different things and had different things going on, honestly I think you should let it go and is he is still interested when you are of age well then good I mean the age of consent in the UK is sixteen and me and my ex had a look at getting back together but decided it was too hard I mean go for it if you think it's the right thing to do, but I would say leave it and wait till your of age

• Yeah I'm just gonna wait until I'm 18. It's gonna be a bit difficult with him working and me in high school.

• Haha sorry I feel like I sound negative just speaking from personal experience but I know what you mean my ex he moved away for uni and I'm stuck here for college

What Guys Said 16

• Ladies and Gentlemen that's what's called a predator... preying on the ignorance of a young girl.
    young Seedling this is not something you should do, just stay with children your age... he is a grown ass man trying to build a relationship with a child, the fact that you dont see that that is inherently wrong means you aren't mature enough to be involved in this type of situation.

• I like how everyone gave me shit for dating a 15 year old when I was 17 yet this is "okay".

• Oh but you forgot that she's a girl so wks gonna wk.

• The older person is always looked down on. If the guy was the one asking this question he'd likely get reemed.

• a girl who was 14 told me she dated a 22y old. I was 13 back then and my reaction was "wtf".
    indeed she told me that he was a fuckin asshole but got car and money YeY!.
    the maturity gap is what makes it so dangerous, he must have more life experience and could probably abuse it, if not you're lucky.

• Approach it like this. When you were 12 he was 18. Would you want to date like that? If yes, then go for it.

• Socially no it's not. But I'm sure some of your high school friends might be proud. If I was 22, I wouldn't consider anything unless you were at least 17. He's likely a pedo

• When you're 20 and he's 27 it won't be weird. When you're 18 and he's 25 it'll at least be legal with no case for statutory rape

• When your 18 he can be 90 and thats ok you have to wait

• if 15 is legal in your state it's ok

• Honestly no it's not okay I don't think dating him is a good idea since you are technically still a kid and he is a grown man plus he will have a physical strength over you and could use that in his favour to hurt you plus if he wants sex and tries it is going to be illegal and I dbout you want that experience so please don't and just think about it and maybeeeeee you will find someone who is near your age who you might like even more

• I suppose the 22 year old guy has probably finished a university and maybe will find a work, but how about you? a new high-school girl? It really sounds awkward to me. I would never date a 15 year old girl. I would afraid that my friends could consider me a pervert :d

• YOU definitely IN NO WAY SHOULD SEE THIS PEADOPHILE

• It depends on the age of consent. If the age of consent is 15 in your country than I don't think it is a problem at all.

• In my opinion, it does seem like a huge age gap, but it can work, it has before. A sexual relationship is out of the question, at least right now I think.

• To catch a predator? Where's Chris Hansen?

• You are what is colloquially known as a "Candy Doll". Do you know what that means?

If not I'd like you to have a seat over here...

• pretty illegal

• I would not recommend it. He has passed through puberty while you are in the heart of it right now. When I was younger, I believed in the whole "age is but a number" thing, but now I see it as more than a number. It is a marker for maturity and experience. The man who is 22 will be more stable mentally in the relationship than the 15 year old. In this case, you. Its nothing to be ashamed of though. Its more of a growing process. Hormones are more rampant in teenagers than young adults. I'd recommend dating around your age. This is just my opinion though.

What Girls Said 25

• Ehhhh no. Not really. Even if you do turn 16 soon, the age gap is too big. If you had sex with him, it would be considered statutory rape. If I were you, I'd wait until I was 18.

• How about you ask your parents and see what they say?

• Any 22 year old who is interested in a 15 year old has a fucking problem. That's why we call them predators.

No, go on a date with someone your age.

• No. It is not okay. He has graduated from high school and you're barely finished with it. 16 be damned you are the same age as my little sister. I see absolutely everything wrong with this. He is an adult, you chronically speaking are a child. Sweetie, you have plenty of time for boys and dating and all that emotional stuff later.

• I don't see this as being okay. Especially because I think men like that are obviously emotionally and maybe psychologically retarded.
    But the thing is, no matter what anyone says, you'll do what you want to do. Or whom you want to do, because, believe me when I tell you - you can't keep him from having sex - whether it's with you or with someone else... (meaning, if you don't 'put out' he'll find someone who will)
    If you're okay with all of this, then go for it.

• If you need to worry and think about this, there is clearly a small issue. I was in the same situation , me being 16 and him 23. And it did not work at all. We had nothing in common besides maybe some music. Broke it off in 3 days. He basically is a grown man, I was only 16 and in high school. I just don't see how it could work. I'm not sure what the legal age is there, but I personally wouldn't recommend it. It can work, I just think not at this age. Like for example, my parents have a 6 years age gap between each other, but they were like 22 when they first got into a relationship.

• No, I do not consider it normal at all. Find someone your own age.

• You're parents will probably try to charge him with statutory rape.

• No... he's more of an adult, you're still a kid. (There's nothing wrong with that. ) not just legally, but physiologically. Not to mention he's at a different stage in life. You know what they say... age difference matters in your teens, not in your twenties. Just wait a few years, be friends with him, date someone closer to your own age. If you still want to go out when you're 19/20, then go for it.

• I went to junior prom with a 23-year-old. In the country where I grew up, that wasn't illegal. Or if it was, nobody complained. I mean, everyone knew. Here in the US, though, that's illegal. So my answer would be, if you're in the US, then no, it's not ok.

• You know if you can date someone and they can go to jail, because of your age, you shouldn't be dating him. Just saying

• When I was 15/16 I was with a 23 year old. It was probably a different situation than yours: I'd left school and all my friends were older, but looking back it is a bit wrong. If I had a daughter I wouldn't want that to be happening. When you're young you really do believe you know best and find anything to the contrary very patronising, but I think if you look back on this when you're older and imagine if it was your own daughter you would know what the right decision is.

• No, for both social and legal reasons, not moral ones. Drinking age is 21 years, and sex would be statutory rape. If you were 21 and he was 27, no one would think anything of it.

• Umm i think thats illegal..

• Tis indeed and not just illegal but just plain shameful of a grown man preying on a young girl who does'nt even understand how wrong it is.

• Couldnt agree more

• Like no~!!! Sorry but he's like six years older... in college... prob... a party guy... could cheat on you...

• yeh its cool i did that aslong as its stable

• come here. I'm not gonna hurt you. closer.
    *slaps you upside the head*

• Nope. Not okay. I'm going to be 22 next year. It would never cross my mind to date a teen D: this guy gives me the creeps!

• It's not ok... that's kind of a leap on age on differences

• Not in my opinion he can still go to jail as long as your not 17 or 18

• Are you mature? Do you have a back bone? Are you going to stand up if something goes wrong? If you say yes to all of the above then go for it. Be prepared for hard looks though

• Years behind bars are also a number.

• It soo unfair!!! I wish everyone would STF up!! I was with a guy and he was 27 and I was 12! I know what u must feel and well! I dated him and no longer with him but the point is that anything possible! I am 20 now and I see how it is seem wrong but then again if u want be with someone then just be !!! I say this bc I was lucky enough to find a person who liked talking n talk to me with no sexual intention ! But please be safe... and if u go on a date, go in groups!! Lastly, don't be pressures to be with someone... learn to be happy with yourself bc that what learn these past 2 years !!

• you were dating a 27yr old at the age of 12? I'm sorry, that guy was a pedo, and after only one thing.

• Hey! Respect! If you don't like it don't comment!!!

• If u think about aren't all men and boys only 1one thing!! So, what make this different? Nothing !

• Nope nope nope. He is too old

• Seven years in your age is a big gap! It's weird that a 22 year old guy likes such a young girl.