Age difference when dating?

So me and this guy met on a website where you can talk and and see each other on the screen.
Well him and I have been talking for around 9 months and we live one state away from each other. He's 20 I'm 16, we met when he was 19 and I was 15. Is it bad that we're literally almost dating and there's a 5 year difference?
My parents also don't know that I've been talking to him I've mentioned him to my mom so she kinda knows but I need help should I carry on and stay with him or just stop...
We act like adults we don't have any physical contact in anyway since we live in different states but we've talked about kissing and that's pretty much it.. We're responsible and not childish. Help..

Most Helpful Girl

• A 5 year difference is nothing when you're older. But matter of fact is you're still a kid and this guy is preying on you. Most guys in there 20s would have nothing to do with someone so young, your parents definitely won't approve and you're in the US, so you're not even legal yet. If you decide to continue this be very careful, he's much older and you don't know what his intentions are. But in all honesty no one but yourself can make that decision for you. If your gut is telling you to stop then go with your gut. You'll come to trust your gut feelings they're always right.

What Guys Said 2

• Take the oldest persons age, divide it by two, and add nine. That is the youngest acceptable age for that person to date before it is looked at as strange.

You will notice with that formula that there is a very small age gap when you are young, which is true. The younger the couple is, the smaller the age gap can be with it not being seen as one of them being seen as a pervert or pedophile.

But hell, do what you want, it's not like other peoples opinion's matter all that much.

• He's too old for you.

What Girls Said 1

• You're too young. If you were over 18 it would be another story but you're not.