Can a guy be too nice?

Like, can it be a turn off if he is really too nice, maybe because he's not manly enough? Or he is friendzone material? What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're doting over her and answering her every beck and call she will most likely find you clingy. Being nice is a very important trait but complementing her every 10 minutes can get annoying. Teasing her in a friendly manner is also very good but don't do something that could offend her or make her mad. Just find a good mix of both.

What Girls Said 3

• You didn't specify what you've mean by saying "too nice" so I'll just tell you my definition of being too nice: not being able to say no, always apologizing for everything even if you've done nothing wrong, letting others step on you. If you're one or all of the above then yes, you're too nice. But girls like nice guys aka gentlemen (huge turn on!) so it's okay as long as you're not what I've listed above. And gentlemen are definitely not friend zone material!

• Nooo! Guy's aren't too nice, they're either not attractive or they're not assertive enough. If a guy hasn't made a move & I fancy him then I'm going to get the impression that he sees me as a friend, not a girl he likes. So I say go for it

• To me yes but it all depends on the girl you are after but the best thing to do is be yourself and if they think the nice thing is a turn off are they really worth it to change who you are for them?

• yeah thats right. I think sometimes about becoming ''more douche'' going to clubs, drinking etc... but thats just not me, and if a girl dont like me like that, well, tooo bad, I won't change for her

• Your right plus afake person is a huge turn off, just have fun and girls that like nice are around

What Guys Said 1

• I am not a girl... but been around a bit.

I don't think anyone can be too nice. I think the issue isn't about being nice. it is about how you act.

If you act clingy and never "lead" you are doomed. In my experience girls would like a man that can think for himself, has opinions and makes decisions. This does not mean being a bully, but it does mean he is sure of himself and confident. Often time the nice guys, who mean well, are so busy being nice, they just say "What every you would like to do" or "Where ever you would like to go" instead of making a decision.

You can still be nice when making a decision. You can say things like "I would like to do X tonight. Would that be OK with you?" Or "What would you like to do? If you have nothing in mind I have some thoughts."

The point is they are looking for you to be a man, but not a bully. You can do that while still being nice.