My boyfriend farted in my mouth, should I break up with him?

He farted in my mouth and now I feel disrespected, he found it hilarious and even when I was shouting at him and close to tears he couldn't stop laughing. I feel hurt by this and he doesn't understand why, everytime I bring it up he just bursts out laughing. I don't find farts funny and want him to understand that this is disgusting to fart into someone's mouth.

Should I break it off?

Most Helpful Guy

• It just sounds like a childish prank. If you would break up over something that small happening one time, you really have no business being in a relationship with anyone. Any partner you get will eventually cross a line, just like you will cross a line with your partner eventually.

What Guys Said 21

• Some people really find toilet humour funny. I find it really disgusting and anyone who enjoys it or finds it funny or humorous is less of a person to me and lacks intelligence and has no class. Farting is private act to me. Never have I farted on someone or anything like that on purpose for fun, because it isn't funny. I would not tolerate that. If he is the type of guy that likes it and thinks it is funny and does it a lot, I would dump him.

• I find it completely disgusting also because it's classless behaviour.

• haha... sorry i couldnt help but laugh at the first line.

Seriously though, you need to make him understand how it made you feel. It is really god damn disgusting. I try my hardest to never fart or anything like that in front of previous partners. There is such a thing as being too comfortable.

• I think he's too complacent but farting into someone's mouth is taking things too far

• Yeah, i totally agree. I wouldn't break up with him just yet though... As I said, you need to talk to him and make him understand, if he still insists on being an immature jackass then finish it.

• Thanks

• How on earth did you end up in a relationship with someone who's that immature, without realizing that he would be so immature? Man, people suck at getting to know others nowadays.

"" "Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops. But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends any more. ""

• Doesn't seem like he's ready for a serious relationship. Get him out of your life, you can do better.

• Eww, that is gross... >.<
    Well it looks he can't take you seriously. You could demand for an apology, but if he's still thinking doing that to someone is funny then you might wanna leave him.

• yeah he's stupid in my opinion

• NO! Why would you break up with him over a fart?

I HAVE TO FART!

• Really, Iv always wanted to do that, your bf stole my idea!! damn it

Its ok just get him back ;)

s2.quickmeme.com/.../...ad8750a27afc8db414389c.jpg

• OMG where do they sell those booty shorts? I gotta buy me some!

• Lmao that's nasty.. dump him

• if somebody did that to me i'd fucking kill them painfully so i'd hardly look down on you for breaking up with him. sounds like a childish fuckhead

• It's more so even not taking me seriously after I tried to explain how I felt about it

• seriously if you killed him i would bust you out of prison, fucking farting in someones mouth should be a death sentence fuck that shit

• Lool

• I would need more details. If you guys usually do things like that to each other, he might have been joking, but done it in a very distasteful and disrespectful way. Honestly, If I know I hurt the girl I loved to the point of almost crying I would feel so bad and not laugh. Honestly you are the only one who can answer it, if he has been great to you and treated you right until then and you loved him, it could be a mistake, big one, that you can try to get past. But if him being bad to you is a regular thing, I would say that this is a wake-up call to leave. Hope this helps and you feel better.

• We don't do farting as I mentioned that I don't find it funny so no it's not something that we do

• "we don't do farting"

what does that even mean?

• We don't fart on each other, it's rude

• How did he manage to fart in your mouth in the first place? I don't know but that is immature of him. I would have the talk with him. Smh... People sometimes lol

• What on earth

• How old is he? I've seen guys do this to friends or w/e when they are like 17 or 18, even then it was incredibly immature, no idea why he would do that to a gf

• He is 26

• Find a more mature guy (Mentally mature). I wouldn't think of doing that to a girl even when I was 18.

• Lol you have to be trollin!

• I wish. It's disgusting

• Well you chose the guy.

• Lol thats great. Your call on the break up

• Hey sorry if this is too late. I also think he's immature, but I'll tell you why it seems like a helpless case and why he may try it again:
    You seem like a person who is so much fun to annoy to begin with! Your bf's personality and yours are opposites, and that was the reason for which you got together: he does the jokes, you get entertained. He does practical jokes on YOU, you're not amused, but he's seriously entertained! Therefore, I guess talking it over with him won't help, but rather a dramatic change of your behaviour with him would. Cut the fun for a a couple of days, and you will see.
    He needs to start thinking of you in his inner mind as someone who's not that funny anymore, although that won't make you any less attractive if you play it well. When the silent/non-fun treatment is complete, you would be reprogrammed in his mind as someone a little bit more intimidating, as intimidating as able to recite your demands literally.

• It's never too late 😊 I appreciate your response so thank you. We are opposites, even in our. Careers, I take my life a lot more serious and with him it's always fun and games. It was fun when I was younger but now I want to buy a house, settle down etc and he's still working a shit job and acting like a child

• Well, well, you know what darling? You're a wonderful person for coping with that special one in your life for as long, despite his inability to progress at your pace. In worst cases, both of you have got it flipped upside down, as his role is usually played by dependant women towards their hard-working and often unfunny men. Seemingly, many men could behave like your bf with the women with whom they would feel financially secure, or emotionally stable/strong at the least.
      He's unchallenged by your lack of demand, unlike most of the women in the world, which is completely accepted if you're up to it. But If otherwise you find yourself too bothered by such as imbalance and the potential collision with your future plans, then it's your call.
      However. should you be able to let go of your career-wise and maturity expectations from this man, and feel content with his presence the way he is, then I don't see any reason for which an amusing -but lovely- couple like you would separate.

• Ummm... grow up

• I read this and I was like WTF! Is ur boyfriend still 12 years old or what? I don't think his brain has matured at all dump him u will find someone better :)

• That's awkward.

What Girls Said 13

• I'm genuinely sorry, but I found your question hilarious. I probably have no class or I am unintelligent like a person already said, but I don't care it's fucking funny as hell.
    He sounds extremely immature but... oh gosh, why is this so funny? I feel so bad for laughing. Especially if this is not a troll question.
    Anyway, did you try explaining him how he made you feel? I am sure it won't ever happen again.
    If I were you, I'd find a way to prank him in order to make it even.

• Dump him. He's obviously got no respect for you or class. The fact that he made a conscious effort to fart in your mouth is so disgusting. I'm soooo sorry you had to go through that. If someone did that to me it would be over.

• Are you sure you are not dating an eight year old? that's just sad tell him you need someone your own age mentally and leave him.

• That's very disgusting!! He has no respect for you.
    And how could that even happen?
    Eww. Dump his ass.

• I saw asleep and he hung over me when my mouth was open

• Ummm OK then...
      But you still need to dump him. That's straight up disgusting af

• Ahh.. I laughed.
    But how did he fart in your mouth?
    Were you trying to bite his butt?
    Or were you doing something sexual?
    It is disgusting to fart in someone's mouth, I agree.
    I don't know about the breaking up part since I'm confused on how it happened.

• I was asleep and he hung over me

• I wouldn't date someone that immature. Does he often act like a 10 year old?

• How did his butt get close to your mouth? Wait til he is asleep and fart in his, lmao. #Obviously that was a troll moment bahaha

• What? eeuw I would have given him such a tight smack really. and he's laughing about it aah hell no jst avoid him, tell him you need a time out and look4 someone else in the meantime he's an idiot

• he may be embarassed so he laughs it off

• Embarrassed to purposely fart I someone's mouth, how's that possible if it's intentional

• kkkkk Kick his balls girl and wash your mouth 200 time :P I know u feel bad just make him pay back

• Farted in your mouth? How did that happen? Like while you're asleep or oral?

• hhahhahah this is too funny for some reason! i would do that to the guy i like ! ROFLMAOOOO

• Very attractive

• i know you are pissed at this but honestly nobody breaks up on a fart! yes if this was the first time he did it and you did not like it then just tell him that its something you dont like and he shouldn't repeat it! if he keeps doing it over and over again then obviously he's childish and immature! but if its for fun then just laugh it off!

• I would end it.