Ex bf crawling back?

so me and this guy were dating and REALLY hit it off, we dated for like 4 months, but I felt he was too protective and jealous, we broke up over it and now, 2 months after the break up he's texting me apologizing and seems very genuine and sweet, was never a bad bf, just too jealous. should I give him another shot? would it be a bad idea?

Most Helpful Guy

• You both need to talk about what you want and the ground rules. You need to ask him why he was so jealous. if it is unreasonable, then you need to point that out and ask how he is going to deal with NOT being unreasonable and jealous. At the same time if it turns out that you are asking for something unreasonable, like maybe you are flirty with other guys and he doesn't like that, you need to think about if you can stop that or not. (I am not saying that is how you are, I am saying that you need to make sure you weren't yourself being unreasonable.) after the two of you speak, you are going to be in a better position to see if this will work.

What Guys Said 5

• Jealousy is not the problem. Jealousy is this symptom of another problem, insecurity. You have to figure out what it was he was insecure about, and find out if it's been addressed. If it has been addressed, then he can manage He's emotions, because he is confident in himself. If it's not been addressed, or if you cannot find out what it was that was making him insecure, then even if he behaves, he will do that by suppressing his emotions. That would lead inevitably to resentment and later on it will surface in various fights where you least expect it.

• find out why he acts that way. your going to need to understand his reasoning and work with him to make it work so its a big effort on your part as well not just him. do you WANT him back or are you just letting him come back?

• I really like him and i want him back but not if he's so protective and jealous all the time

• he's probably jealous and protective bc your beautiful and your out of his league or you talk to guys more than he would like. once again drop your pride and talk to him about this, figure it out and go from there

• all my friends are guys so that might be it but then again without trust what is there? I don't cheat never have don't think its right, hopefully never will, so if he doesn't trust me then why even be in a relationship? and he knows all of them so I don't know

• You need to lay the cards on the table and let him know he's on probation (continuous probation, else he'll go back to it in a few days).

That of course, if you really feel like giving him a second chance which is up to you.

• do not give up natured temperament

• He will be exactly the same again eventually

What Girls Said 0