Sounds like a lame excuse to me, what's you're thoughts?

Okay I've been dating my boyfriend for a few months now! He keeps going on how I don't eat that much and that i should eat a bit more, which I am doing so but may take some time. But what annoyed me was that I said that me & him should go out for a drink and his excuse was that I need to gain some weight before we can do that as he doesn't want anything to happen to me! Like what could possible happen? :/ sounds like he doesn't want to go out for a drink and enjoy ourselves. What's you're thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like his excuse is that he's embarassed to go out for drinks because your 'under weight' and doesn't wanna be seen with you unless you put on some weight, which is really rude because if he really cared and loved you your weight wouldn't bother him he would love you just the way you are. But if your like anorexic than he's probably looking out for you trying to keep you healthy.

What Guys Said 6

• Well the lighter you are, the less amount of alcohol you need to become sedated... generally. So, if you're a supreme lightweight, alcohol could affect your body even if you only have a drink or two. I'm guessing these are his thoughts.

In regards to him wanting you to eat more... I don't know why this is. Are you severely underweight to the point where you look unhealthy. This is true for some people, but certainly rare.

Do you usually finish your meals? I can't stand it when people waste food, so if this is what you're doing, then that could be what's annoying him. If not, then again, I don't know what his deal is.

• That's apart of how men show affection and he may feel offended or insecure that your not allowing him to comfort you with food. I mean the last thing a insecure guy wants to do is take his woman to the bar where the testosterone is at its highest. It can be awkward also if you two just go. Try to get more of his friend's and your friend's to go. It is a lot more fun with more people than just you 2 sitting at a bar full of guys trying to get laid.

• He may be saying that because you are so little, he is worried that you would not be able to handle much drink. Just ask him up front. You aren't a kid.

• It seems that he cares for you and he doesn't want you to only be able to have one or two drinks and be hammered.

• He is entitled to his opinion but it should be just that (an opinion) sounds like he is very controlling and that could be a deeper isue. Have you asked him why he thinks you need to eat more? Does he give you real reasons and explaine?

• Wow he is pretty passive aggressive isn't he? Do you really want to be manipulated like that?

What Girls Said 5

• Telling you to eat more is one thing. But telling you that you need to gain weight before going out is another! That just sounds like an excuse. Seriously anything can happen but he's going to be right there with you so what's the problem?
    And he's home with you too! He needs to take you out !

• Wow, what's wrong with your boyfriend? Guys are weird. They complain so much about everything. If you're at a good weight they want you to gain weight & then when you're over weight they want you to lose weight! Your boyfriend seems like an asshole & you definitely need to break it off with him ASAP.

• he's full of shit. you are an adult not a child. you dont need people telling you what your body needs.

why do you think you need to eat more? are you weak are you passing put are you malnourished?

how tall are you? how much do you weigh ill tell you how much is 'safe' to drink at that weight. there are concrete ways of determining safety.. if he was really concerned. he's just being irrational. ignorant. and suspicious.

• Lol, you have a clown as a boyfriend. Yeah, he's being lazy.

• Maybe he's concerned about your health since you said you're under weight?