How soon is too soon to say I love you?

I know you're all going to say that you say it when you feel it. But, I mean, if you were in a relationship with someone and they said "I love you", when would be too soon?

What is the minimum time that it wouldn't be weird? Obviously the first date is too soon for example.

• 1-2 months
  • 3-4 months
  • 5-7 months
  • 8-10 months
  • A year

Most Helpful Girl

• my boyfriend said it 3 weeks in. when we were drunk. i was sitting on a curb feeling like i was going to be sick. he said " you're drunk but i love you " we laughed, then i realized what he said and questioned him "wait did you just say you love me?" his response" yah, well i think i love you i'm kinda drunk". the next morning he woke me up by kissing me and said "drunk me was right, i do love you"... it might sound really soon to say ily but for us it wasn't. it really does depends on the relationship. some people would run away scared if that happened to then. i know i would if it were one of my ex's (whom i would never say i love you to, or them me)

What Girls Said 6

• It completely depends on how long you have known the person. If you have known them or years already and were close friends, then you're already closer than you might think. The simple act of an intimate kiss or sex can make someone fall in love in a heartbeat. The truth is, there isn't a set time as to when you can and can't say 'I love you' because honesty is what all relationships should be built on and if your partner can't handle the fact that you love them after say: a month- then you should really take a look at them and think about what you want! Love is love and if you feel it, embrace it!

• If a guy yold me he loved me there wouldn't be a specific time set. If he's known me long enough to know most of the good and the bad that is me and he loves them then that's enough. People generally think it's too early because the couple don't know each other that well and so the love isn't real in a way.

• I can't really tell you because with in the first week of me dating a guy he told me he loved me but the thing is we were friends for 5 years so he knew me but say you love her when you think its right

• I think 1-4 months would be too soon.

• Spit it out sooner if you want to say it.

• 3-4 months!

What Guys Said 2

• I'd wait for the girl to say it. But I'd show it with roses and whatnot.

• I say it when I know it. I do not play games.