How should I go about trying to contact this girl , from same town but off at school?

I meet her at local bar a couple summers ago , we haven't been that close but we do talk now and then and she seems genuinely interested. I saw her again last night in downtown area of city she goes to college in I was leaving a bar and she stopped me on street to say hi , she was like I know you from back home , we didn't talk much but I was surprised she even said anything. she doesn't have a bf and taking a female dominated program ( dental ) so I think she might be interested based on her actions last few times I've seen her but she's away at school and although I have her # I don't feel that comfortable trying to reach her as only texted her a couple times before and that didn't really go over well.
i'll likely see her again at Christmas break at local bar but that not till a couple weeks and I feel there might be a chance to get this started before that and hometown a rumor mill so might be best to try and go on a few dates when she's off at school in bigger city than back home in front of all her friends.
anyways should I wait? try and text her again? message her? she's on Twitter is that an option also

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah why not. It doesn't seem like the two of you are overly close so you're not risking some great friendship, just rejections a bitch. Id just go for it while she's away especially because if she does turn you down you will be able to save it from spreading through the rumour mill back home

What Guys Said 0