Is allowing for guys to initiate conversation really effective in not coming on too strong or clingy?

I've been on and off seeing this guy for about a year. I stopped seeing him because I noticed he went from stage 5 clinger to spending a full week with no contact. I moved on and started dating other men. Months later, he messaged me wondering why I had cut ties and wanted to see me. I accepted to meet up and we spent an amazing day together. After our date he went days without contacting me. Eventually when he did.. 5 days later it was short and brief just to tell me he loved seeing me again. Then stopped texting again.. and now it's been a week. I don't plan on contacting him if he doesn't contact me. I'm not going to move a finger.

Which leads to my question. In situations like these that happen often especially to females that put so much emphasis on constant communication... is it even worth to contact? In my attempts to be cool and not clingy is it possible I can chase a man by never initiating contact?

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to learn to take the initiative. You're clearly showing avoidance for the sake of trying not to make yourself feel like you're clingy. If you like him, you go talk to him. If not then let it go. He probably is just sick of chasing after you despite showing all of his interest. You're making him do all the work which is why his efforts are waning.

What Guys Said 1

• its just the societal status quo

What Girls Said 1

• This coming on 2 strong or 2 clingy thing is crazy. Just be u if u wanna innitiate go for it nothing wrong with initiating what u want