Is age really just a number? Share your opinions.

Would you date someone who is way older or way younger than you? How do you feel about age difference now? Share your opinions (:

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the relationship and how young the youngest out of the two are. like its not okay for a 13 year old to date a 21 year old. Like the youngest needs to be able to have the mental state to know what they wants. but other then that if both people are happy then it shouldn't matter if they are in it for love.

What Guys Said 15

• Age does matter. Only idiot teenagers, having no experience of world under the influence of hormones present this phrase as fact. Age is a variable, affects one's personality and everything in dramatic way, how can one deny this system of nature? I would not date anyone more than like 3-4 years younger than me, but right now I'm 21 and half, I don't date anyone because girls of my age have no interest in me and girls like 17-19 are something like official idiots with no exception. Teenage girls tend to be flattered for even worse features and I've experienced that. So, maybe after some years!!

• It depends on the range of ages not one number

So I think age does matter and its not because of the number its because of the mental state of mind in people at different ages. BUT since your state of mind doesn't actually change significantly on a year to year basis, ranges make more sense

So 10-12 years old
    12-15
    15-18
    18-22
    22-26
    26-32
    32-45
    45-60
    60 plus

So good relationships and the best chance, I think people should date within those ranges on AVERAGE

** as you can see the younger ages have many more ranges because at a younger age your changes are much more drastic year to year... the older you get, the less you mentally change.

• age is a number for young people... they claim its only a number when they are trying to be equals with whoevers older in the situation... girls seem to claim this a lot when there 16 dating a 21year old or 21 dating a 40 year old

• Age isn't a number, it's a word ;) sorry, couldn't resist it.
    Anyway, yes age doesn't matter, my ex was 23, and I'm 33, usually I give myself a cut off of 25, but she was mature for her age and we got on really well.

• Yea I can see why you made an exception of age for her because she was mature. Nice joke by the way haha :P

• It all depends on the girl, and thanks ha ha.

• Yes it is for sure

• Dating a girl 10 years younger. No problems with that, she's smart, attractive, a little sheltered/shy but I enjoy her company.

• Would date younger and older girls.

• Age is a number, but keep in mind if you have a kid at 10 it'll be an awkward conversation when he's 10 and you just turned 20.

• i donnot care her age, only love is ok.

• age isn't just a number...

• a few years like 1-5 years is ok

• if love is really there age is ntn

• I dated a 34yr old woman when I was 19, and learned a lot!

• I'd go way younger (legal, please).

Right now I don't have kids, so I wouldn't go way older (unless I come into a pile of money, and IVF/ motherhood is a fiscally realistic solution).

But in theory, I've got nothing against older women. Grandmas love me :)

• Depends since im 18 i wouldn't date anybody under 16 close to 17 but wouldn't date anybody older then 23 cause it would be a bit weired

What Girls Said 6

• Yes, age is just a number! What really matters is the maturity level of each person. I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 28, but we get along really well because I'm (apparently) mature for my age.

While it might seem strange to date someone 10+ years older or younger, it's really just about how the couple connects emotionally. Connecting physically (sex) is something that I think blinds some couples from seeing the truth, which is that they have nothing in common besides a love of sex. An emotional connection creates a stronger bond, and therefore those relationships - where the couple first connects emotionally and then has meaningful sex - are more likely to survive. :)

• I used to think its just a number but, really no it is not.
    Like a 18 and 35 year old with kids I saw lately... too creepy. Fresh out of highschool like.
    Or 13 and 20 year olds um weird?
    So yeah I think 18-25 is acceptable. Any older is pushing it.

• Yeah to a certain extent

• Within reason, yes. I'm not bothered by age gaps as long as everyone is legal. I also think that age gaps don't matter as much (in terms of compatibility issues) as you get older.

• It depends on the relationship

• No, it's not just a number to me. I think it can be indicative of different stages in life, experience, and maturity. I probably wouldn't date someone significantly older or younger than me. I try to consider people on a case-by-case basis, though.