What should a girl eat on a date?

Should girls order salads? Personally, I thinks salads are gross, I'd much rather have the burger and fries, but is that unattractive? Should girls be afraid to order anything "unhealthy" at a restaurant? Opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 69

• Hot dogs, corn dogs, bananas, ice cream cones, popsicles.

*answer 2 would be i don't care as long as it's not stupid. Salad with meat? Fine. Ordering a side salad with water makes me think you're one of those girls who attempts to eat zero calories, then for some surprising reason has a late night rendezvous with a tub of ice cream or box of crackers every night*

• I prefer to have salads when at fast food places other than that I eat whatever

• If she isn't secure enough to eat a stake in front of me instead of a salad, it's not going to work out.

• If I'm on a date, I chose a certain place, for their food, thinking she would LOVE it!! I try to find something great, listening to her tell me what she really loves to eat!! I expect her to enjoy it, as that was the point of finding the place!! If she doesn't, or says something about not wanting to get fat, sorry, last date, you're gone!!
    Be Yourself!! I expect her to love the place, and the food, or try all of it, and tell me what, specifically she doesn't like, so I can find a better place, next time!! I put a lot of effort into finding the 'PERFECT' place for dates! When she doesn't eat much of anything, I feel insulted, or like all the effort to find a place she would love (and maybe really does, but is self-conscious) is wasted. I don't have time for girls who say they LOVE ribs and BBQ, and I find a great place, and she hardly eats at all, or orders a salad!

• Whatever you like. If he is paying, you might want not to order the most expensive thing on the menu, but the important thing is "BE YOURSELF." If youlove seafood - order it. IF you love salads, order that. If the guy knows the restauant and knows what they serve that is most popular - you can ask his opinion, but you decide for yourself. The worst thing you can do on a date is try too hard to be what you think he wants you to be. Be yourself and he will either like you or not like you for that. If he likes you, there may be a second date, but if he does not, you have saved yourself time. Dating is about getting to know the other person in many, many ways. So ALWAYS be yourself. Did you ever hear someone say "He (or she) was not like this before we got married?" Well - there you have it.

• Just eat whatever you order. Damn.

• I took a girlfriend to a buffet once. $15 plus drinks and tip. She got a fucking salad and then didn't finish it. I was pissed.

If I take a girl somewhere, I don't want her to think that I can't afford it. So order what you want. But you'd better fucking finish it, or take it home.

When someone buys you a meal, not finishing it and throwing it away is the same thing as reaching into their wallet and throwing their money in the garbage.

Summary: Get whatever you want, but eat whatever you get.

• One of the most attractive things in my opinion is a woman who isn't afraid to eat in front of her man because then he knows he never has to worry about bringing her somewhere she won't like something or eat something and then complain about being hungry later. Eat what you want.

• Seriously, eat what you want to eat. If you feel obligated to eat a salad that you don't want, he feels obligated to eat a steak he doesn't want. When it comes to eating on a date I find the best option is compromising on topping on a pizza. it builds honest communication and at worst you both eat something you like. Nobody eats "healthy" every meal, and on a date nobody want to go home thinking they wished they ate something good.

• whatever you want. but for practicality's sake, I'd avoid anything with a sauce that could drip, or something with onions or other which might affect your breath. ditto re drinks.

• Honestly it really depends
    If its a first date and your someplace really fancy, usually guys couldn't care less what you eat
    or we would find you eating a burger or stek or something extremely attractive
    But some guys who are all proper and crap would excpect you to get like seafood or something
    But while we would find you eating a burger or something attractive, if you act messy and way too chill like we are just friends that's kind of a turn off
    But usually a burger and fries is great

• Clarification
      We would only care if your messy on a first date
      If we've been dating a while amd you eat messily then we won't care

So we usually don't care what you get on a first date
      Just don't eat sloppily
      Unless the guy is, then do whatevr the hell you want
      But on later dates get whatever
      Andeat however

• I like it when a girl orders just what she wants. If she only gets salads it makes the guy feel self-conscious. If she says, "Burger and fries," it makes the guy relax more. And you shouldn't have to pretend to like something you don't! Be yourself, because you want him to like you for who you really are, right?

• Split that burger for the best taste but insure he has enough food with extra orders of whatever.

otherwise order the small one if he doesn't share food ... yet

Healthy? There's lots of healthy toppings & sides for even a burger to pile on...

The exotic gals I dated your age would simply order the most expensive plate, often seafood... back then

• " I'd much rather have the burger and fries, but is that unattractive?" <---- unattractive? that's HOT imo!!!

i love to see a girl grabin' the burger and eat it with her hands, not using fork, knife and shit like that

• Whatever. If she's cool enough to chew on some wings then I'll be VERY impressed :D

• Anything. One of the things that attracted me to one girl is she was girly but she knew how to have a good time. Like stuffing her face with good food.

• Please please order a burger and fries if you want to. I know girls can be self conscious about what they eat, especially on a date. But for me, firstly, I want her to enjoy herself and be comfortable. Secondly, it makes me more comfortable if she eats messy/awesome food, because then I don't feel self-conscious or like some sort of slob.

• You're thinking about it too much. Just... Whatever. A guy isn't going to grade you like a test... Hmmmm she ate salad instead of chicken... -1 point.

• Order garlic, onions, Sauerkraut. These are especially attractive.
    I don't really care what she orders, but if she expects a kiss she better not eat any stinky foods.

• Whatever you want, I don't think anyone would judge you.
    Although I wouldn't recommend onions or garlic or seafood or any other food with a heavy scent, for obvious reasons.

• If I met a girl I was attracted to, and she ordered meat and potatoes on the first date, I would know she's probably a keepw

• Just be yourself and order what you want from the get go. Why force yourself to eat something you don't want to? You are there to enjoy yourself too.

• I genuinely couldn't care less.

I'd actually be impressed if she just ordered whatever it was that she wanted and ate comfortably with me.

• eat whatever the hell you want. if what you eat is a deal breaker then you dont need to be with that a prick like that anyway. personally i like a chick thats not afraid to be herself around me. makes communication soooo much more easy. plus we can split fries=romantic till the last one... then its war!!

• She can eat whatever she wishes I actually expect them to eat their fill on whatever they'd like to eat.

• No! Not unattractive. In fact salads can be hard to eat on a date becuas they can be unruly. You have to cut the bitrs so that you don't get slapped in the face with a piece of lettuce soaking in ranch dressing.

But, why do you hate salads? Aside from being good for you, they taste great.

• Whatever the hell she wants. I don't care.

• eat what you want, dont let a guy dictate what you eat

• Eat what you want.
    Most girls have a salad, but that is starting to get boring.
    Chow down on those burgers!

• Pizza is good no one wants a girl to be a fake knowing you eat more then how your eating now

• For me personally I find it very attractive when a girl feeds her body! so go ahead eat away, enjoy food its a great pleasure

I love it

• More from Guys
    39

What Girls Said 85

• girls should eat whatever the hell they wanna eat on a date. seriously, whats the point of spending time with someone if we dont present the real version of ourselves?

• ya I never got it either, when I'm on a date with someone I expect them to eat whatever they want to.

• If a guy is going to judge you solely based on what you eat, than he's not right for you in the first place.

A guy who requires a girl to eat salads, while he is chomping down on a huge greasy burger and fries, is not being realistic.

Girls should be able to eat what they want. Everyone should be able to eat what they want and not get policed or judged for it.

I think it's sad that some girls feel they have to only eat certain foods in front of people for fear of it reflecting badly on them. If you want something unhealthy, order it. It doesn't mean you are eating like that everyday all day. It just means you feel like eating it at the time.

• That's true. They can't expect us to stay skinny little models if they're going to keep eating garbage until they have a huge pot belly. I heard someone once say, "Don't expect us to look like Victoria Secret models if you don't look like a Hollister model."

• You eat whatever you damn well want. When my boyfriend and I go out we almost always go to Texas Roadhouse and I always order their shrimp plate. That's 1,100 calories. On our first date we went to a pizza place where I proceeded to eat an entire pizza by myself. I don't even want to think about how many calories that is.

And yet I somehow manage to be 103 lbs :/

Granted you don't always have to pig out (I don't always eat like that), but never should you let your gender or the fear of a first impression prevent you from eating what you want. If you think about it, you'd really be lying to him by ordering the salad. You would be hiding who you really are :p

• Always order a fried bologna sandwich with a side of rhubarb pie. Give the waitress the stinkeye when she says it isn't on the menu. Huff and puff and sigh before saying, "Ugh! Just whatever is the most expensive item on the menu, I guess."

Then angrily stare at your guy and say, "I'm not putting out, you know." Mess around with your steak knife...

When your plate arrives, whine that you don't like whatever it is, and say you weren't hungry anyway. Say to your date, "Mmmm, that looks good. Were you planning on eating that?" If he answers ANYTHING other than, "no ma'am" throw your napkin angrily on the table and shout, "Are you done yet? I'm ret-to-go!"

This will guarantee you a second date. Men LOVE cray cray.

• Lol seriously. No guy will judge you based on what you're eating. Maybe on how you're eating (for example: eating sloppy and messy ) . you can eat whatever you like. From French fries to tacos it doesn't matter. We're all humans. If guys can eat it so can we.

• No, no, no, guys love a girl with a good appetite. In fact, many of my male friends hate when they go out on a date and all the girl orders is a salad - and she doesn't even really eat it, she just picks at it. Don't eat more than the guy, but definitely EAT. :)

• This is what I ate on my first date. Big voodoo patty :D the guy just sat there laughing, because he didn't think I could eat it all. I showed him :p

s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/.../348s.jpg

• Order what ever you want... if you are worried about price, ask him what he is going to order, look at the price of it on the menu and then stay within that price range. Also stay away from food with garlic or onions in it just in case there is kissing to follow, spaghetti can also get quite messy.

• Guys genuinely like a woman who can eat. This is from my experience at least. Save your diet foods for when you're at home. I eat pretty healthy on the regular, I cook a lot of my own food because I'm not huge on restaurant food. If you're concerned about eating healthy you can always find something. Depending on where you eat; fish & rice, a lean piece of grilled meat, turkey burger, veggie burger, sushi... I could go on. Don't be afraid to eat in front of guys... if you're happy, they're happy. Simple. Don't overthink it.

• Guys are hip to the salad thing. They know we eat before we go and after we get home, lol.

Eat whatever you want. Most men respect a girl who isn't afraid to eat :)

• Eat whatever you want. A guy likes a girl that can eat. Don't order the most expensive thing on the menu just because he is paying though. The only things I have had issues with was ordering a burrito because it was so messy. Spaghetti is a tough one to eat as well. One time I went on a date and ordered a burger, and the guy said "Thank God you didn't order a salad"

• I don't mind salads, but I need my meat lol. I'd honestly just order whatever I'm in the mood for at the time. And I don't know where you get your info, but aside from the higher carb content in the bun, burgers are fairly healthy. The only fries I'll purposely seek out are McDonald's. Any others I'm usually indifferent about, so I try to get something else to substitute.

• if you get food you actually like you willo enjoy the date more and that's the whole point of going on a date. I'm not afraid to try new things on dates though even though I'm kind of picky I will try mostly anything once!
    My boyfriend took me on a sushi date and I tried a bunch of new sushi rolls and I suggested he try mochi Ice cream for dessert which he is obsessed with now. So just don't over think it and get what you actually want.

• Whatever she wants, as long as it's not the most expensive thing on the menu - UNLESS she is paying for the meal. There is no rule book that says she has to eat like a deer; if a man honestly is appalled by the fact that you want a burger over a green salad with no dressing, he needs to reevaluate his life.

• i have many many many sources that confirm... GUYS LIKE GIRLS WHO EAT they dont like girls who eat half a crouton and then sit there all polite. this one time, i was out with my guy friends (and crush), there were 6 of us and we were in new york. we got 3 BIG new york style pizzas... i ate one by myself, needless to say they were seriously impressed:) (especially considering im really petite haha)

• Just order whatever you want to order.

• We can whatever you damn well feel like. If the person you are dating doesn't like that you like to eat good food toss him. Typically men like it when girls actually eat food on dates.

• Eat whatever you want to eat. If you're interested in starting a rs with this person, it might not be the BEST idea to start it off by lying to him about how much you just 'loves salad!'. Personally, I love salad but if you want a burger - order a burger. It's not rocket science after all, it's just food

• A girl should order want she wants! A guy shouldn't be the reason for what a girl decides to order. If she feels more comfortable eating a certain thing on a date then she should go for it, so she won't be worried about what she is eating on the date. Then that makes her not be as timid especially on a first date. This question doesn't have a specific answer because every girl has her own opinion.

• If he can't accept your food, then he gots to go. Order what you want, eat what you want. If a guy really likes you he won't mind you eating a pork Chop slathered in gravy or a small bowl of paper thin lettuce with skittle sized tomatoes , because he'll like you for you. My Opinion

• Seriously, eat whatever the hell you want. I literally eat like 10 times more than my boyfriend aha, even on our first food date, I just ate whatever I wanted to. He's not going to judge you! In fact, all the guys I've talked to say that they find it cute when girls don't care and eat what they want. They hate it when girls eat salad and celery etc, and prefer it when they can chow don't on a greasy burger and fries with their girl :)

• Eat whatever you want!! If a man finds you unattractive bc of the food you ordered, you should kick him to the curb. That's ridiculous. They don't care what they order.. why should you?

• eat whatever you want lol

• While I would venture a guess that there's a minority of guys looking for a Barbie trophy wife who want their date to eat endless salads from here to eternity to maintain their figures. Then there's the rest of the guys who are totally stoked that their date is eating a steak and drinking a beer with them. Can't say it enough, be yourself. But no beer for you, you're a minor :)

• A guy is generally much happier if a girl feels relaxed and happy enough to be herself. Obviously ordering enough food to feed a third world country and shovelling it in your face like its going out of fashion isn't really attractive to most people so near that in mind too :)

• I say eat whatever you want. Personally, I find a way to make a mess every single time I eat a burger (ketchup and sauce runs down my arm no matter what I do) so I try to avoid it for at least the first few dates until I know him better haha

• Whatever they feel like. I've heard a few guys like the fact that their date ordered a burger. For me personally, I ordered things that come in bite sizes so I don't have things like lettuce or spaghetti hanging out of my mouth. But I hate eating in front of people in general.

• Eat whatever you want, dearie. It's your body, not his. However, what my boyfriend and I usually do is decide on two menu items we both like and get them so we can share =)

• WHatever you damn well please. Bitch if u wanna burger eat a burger, bitch if you wanna french fry, eat a french fry.
    Lolz. But really, if you're too self concious to EAT in front of him, then wth makes you think that everything's gonna work down the line? Lolz if he likes you for you then he won't mind you eating a burger or whatever you want to eat

• Whatever. First time I went out to eat with my boyfriend, I ordered a giant burrito and none of us could care less.

• More from Girls
    55