I just learned that this is a problem for people so Im curious to know how it is :). Writing your own nationality/ethnicity might be interesting too. Personally race isn't a problem for them but culture can be. They would probably be unhappy if i married a religious person for example.
- My parents would not care about my partners race76% (28)53% (18)65% (46)Vote
- My parents would prefer if I married someone my own race16% (6)26% (9)21% (15)Vote
- My parents would hate/not allow me marrying another race.3% (1)9% (3)6% (4)Vote
- My parents would only have problems with some races (explain)5% (2)9% (3)7% (5)Vote
- I dont have any parents0% (0)3% (1)1% (1)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
Both my parents would be options B, C, D. I'm a Pacific Islander so not too many full bloodied of to go around and they would prefer to keep it that way. Holding on to "traditions, religious beliefs, rituals, ideals" or whatever bullshit they've been blowing out their ass since I was created. I grew up w/ them telling me all sorts of things about other races, religions, who to marry, why to marry and a bunch of other ancient ass-backwards notions. Personally, I could give a fuck about what they think, feel and know about my personal relationships, they should even be lucky to have me introduce any girl I'm dating or whatever. My parents are stereotyping racist bigots who only have manipulated their kids to only further what they want. I was always told that I wasn't born to do what I want but to do what they wanted me to. Yeah, tough break on the parents part.2