What is your parents opinion on interracial dating?

I just learned that this is a problem for people so Im curious to know how it is :). Writing your own nationality/ethnicity might be interesting too. Personally race isn't a problem for them but culture can be. They would probably be unhappy if i married a religious person for example.

• My parents would not care about my partners race
  • My parents would prefer if I married someone my own race
  • My parents would hate/not allow me marrying another race.
  • My parents would only have problems with some races (explain)
  • I dont have any parents

Most Helpful Guy

• Both my parents would be options B, C, D. I'm a Pacific Islander so not too many full bloodied of to go around and they would prefer to keep it that way. Holding on to "traditions, religious beliefs, rituals, ideals" or whatever bullshit they've been blowing out their ass since I was created. I grew up w/ them telling me all sorts of things about other races, religions, who to marry, why to marry and a bunch of other ancient ass-backwards notions. Personally, I could give a fuck about what they think, feel and know about my personal relationships, they should even be lucky to have me introduce any girl I'm dating or whatever. My parents are stereotyping racist bigots who only have manipulated their kids to only further what they want. I was always told that I wasn't born to do what I want but to do what they wanted me to. Yeah, tough break on the parents part.

What Guys Said 20

• My parents don't give a fuuuuuck which is probably why I don't either. My dad dated outside his race before it was socially acceptable.

• never asked tbh.

but anyway why people see it as a taboo?

• My dad would be cool with it, my mother encourages it! She's always telling me how beautiful Afro-Caribbean girls are...

• they don't like it.
    More concern would be given to a daughter than a guy. It really just comes down to their feelings of safety. -_- i mean yea its a prejudgment, but its sometimes out of concern and safety for the kid.

• With my parents race never matters, all that matters is that she's pious. Same goes for me, don't matter the race she just gotta be a pious Muslim and we're good to go.

• My parents dont care

But the question you asked is ok according to most people... People feel its their right to choose the race they want

As this GAG poll suggests:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1234455-do-you-think-racial-preferences-in-dating-are-racist-do-you-believe

• My Father is racist so if the girl is not White she's not right but my Mother is alright with me dating outside of my race.

• Why the down votes?

• I understand, although my mom agrees with my dad

• I think downvotes because people consider that racist BUT at the same time they want the same rights you just stated about your parents

People want to make racial preferences on who they date but if they hear about its deemed wrong

• I've never asked and tbh, I wouldn't care either way.

• My father would not care. My mother would perhaps. Im not sure about her because she is not 100% in her senses. Regardless I don't date outside my race.

• I honestly don't want to know...

• My father is cool with it. My mother is cool with it too, but she's a little slightly concerned with different culture and beliefs since she comes from a Catholic family.

• To my family it is more about the culture and religion than about the race, they definitely would be disappointed if I had a relationship to a e. g. turkish or arabian girl. And I think, I'd be outcasted by my family if I was married to a black girl.

• Im from sweden so I can relate a bit. I think my parents would be fine with kurdish at least because they are like the most normal arabs/middle eastern so to speak.

• See that's why I'm not religious but more spiritual. As I see the soul of a person and not what's on the outside. I bet your dad wouldn't mind someone he doesn't approve of to save his life but not into his family. I can't take double standards with people. Their beliefs divide people and therefore the world of full of judgement and hate. These are my views, I'm not perfect and I don't want you to think I'm being harsh, I just have no other way to express my view other than being direct. So don't be offended

• I agree with everything you said about how religions like islam and christianity are splittering people. And yeah my dad would probably for example let a nazi save his life but not let me marry one xD

• Voted D. I'm Arab but I've dated Latinas, Asians, whites but of all they would hate me to ever date an Asian again. This is their words "they're not enough women".

• german-brasilian.

pick everything but muslim

own opponion: everything that is not that religious that I feel like talking to an alien.

• My parents wouldn't care as long as we love each other and are happy together

• I don't know how my dad would feel about it.

• I am a parent and I can assure you that it is not going to happen.

• My parents really dont care as along as I am happy with my wife they are happy

• Mine don't care. My family is already mixed.

• Live and let live.

What Girls Said 24

• I think my parents are slightly different on this topic. My mother announced that she wouldn't care if any of us married a member of our own gender or another race or both.

My dad is more reserved. I think he'd have a slight issue with it initially but then get over it.

• My mother would only care how many 0's are on the end of his paycheck.

She was happiest when I was dating the lawyers son.. most upset when I was dating the quasi-homeless musician.

• My mom is perfectly fine with interracial dating. Her first boyfriend was Guatamalan.

My dad tends to joke around about not dating outside of my race strictly, becuase he knows I'm attracted to boys of every race. But he said as long as he knows how to treat you right the color of his skin shouldn't matter, but I think he still prefers for me to marry inside of my own race.

• Mom doesn't care. My Dad is totally against interracial relationships but we are estranged anyway. Those kinds of stupid beliefs are partly why I refuse to have anything to do with him.

• You should of had an option that says "product of interracial relationship" because that's what I am, I'm mixed black/white so my parents are open-minded about who I choose to date. As long as they treat me good and their values are respectful then that's all that matters.

Also, in this day and age, any clever person would understand that race is no longer the issue but rather class is. Have a think about that!

• I live in a multicultural/multiracial country. I grew up in very mixed communities. My parents don't care who I date as long as they treat me right and obviously we like each other. (my dad couldn't care less it's more so my mom who cares). I have had boyfriends of different races and my mom never cared about their race.

• Happiness is more important and it doesn't matter what color they are my parents would rather me be happy with a guy who was another race than to be unhappy with a guy of my own race

• Seeing as my dad is white and my mom is Asian I think it's pretty same to assume they'd be fine.

• My mom is cool with it. My mom has always been in interracial relationships, she's never dated someone the same race as her. I don't know how my dad would feel though since I don't really have a relationship with him or see him often.

• My Step-mum is a different race to that of my father. So he would be a right hypocrite if he had issues with me dating outside my race.

• My parents don't care as long as the guy treats me right. I'm black and I recently realized that I'm only attracted to white guys. I told my parents and they don't really care.

• My mom doesn't care about race, and have dated all kinds of men herself. But she would have a very big problem with me being with a religious guy - I would never date anyone religious anyways, so that's not a problem.

• My boyfriend is actually a different race from mine and none of them care. They're accepting of all races

• My mom has expressed that she wouldn't date out of her race and she was saying it as if she would want me to do the same as her. But, I'm not like her. I like guys of all races and date out of my race often. I don't think she'd ever say anything disrespectful about it though, I doubt she'd really mind.

My dad on the other hand is married to a woman of another race so I don't think he'd care.

• My mom is Puerto Rican and my father is black they are an interracial couple so I'm sure they won't mind me dating someone from another race. They might tease but they always tease its almost like an exception into the family lol

• I'm half indian half white/American. I'm not allowed to marry anyone black, it's looked down upon. Also anyone Hispanic/Latino

• My parents are very liberal.(Well, there exist liberal Indian parents, OK?)
    But they'd prefer if I married someone of same ethnicity. However, they won't force their wishes on me, really. They never did this.

• by now, I'm pretty sure it's expected. no one would care.

• To be honest, I'm not sure. Probably they won't say anything.

• My parents would want me to a marry a religious dude and they come from every race.

• My parents really don't care who I'd marry, just want me to be happy.

• My parents wouldn't care as long as he makes me happy and treats me right.

• My mother allows it.

• as long as they're super fucking rich and successful smfh
    i have Asian parents by the way
    i think they would kinda freak out if i married a black person though uhh yeah except for that
    but i have nothing against it

• Haha reminds me of that vine when a guy whith an ironman mask walks up to an old Asian lady and she laughs and then he takes off his mask and he's black and she gets terrified xD

• HAH i love that one