Could there still be a chance?

A guy I met online chased me for 13 weeks. We really liked each other but i thought he was out of my league so I refused dates n would call him a player, womanizer etc sometimes and would tell him i'm meeting guys. I always apologized and explained after but he said it hurt. I acted this way at least 6 times and I pushed him too far. He said he still likes me but he didn't want me to keep upsetting him and it looked like I was never going to meet up with him. He ignored me for days and now he's sticking to that, that he likes me still but i made him too upset and it was looking like i'd never see him. I've asked to meet only as friends and he's agreed to as soon as he's free... is there still a chance things could progress if we click in person? Or have I hurt him too much?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's still meeting with you after all that? What a sucker :)

Yeah, you still got a chance.

• Wel he's insisted we just b friends now :( and I can't set a date yet cuz he said he's busy for the next couple of weeks.

• He is just 'slow' playing it. He's still interested. Pursue if that is what your heart desires. I think it would let him know where you stand if you did.

• Thanks :) it wouldn't let me message you even after after following you. He's since said things like 'too cute' and other random compliments then kept putting kisses again even though i was not. Only now i'm doing it he's not putting kisses back and hasn't replied to my last message complimenting him. Very confused.

What Guys Said 1

• Set up a time to meet up with him. Be up-front with him too, up until now it's been somewhat manipulative on your part. If you can just be sincere with him you both will be all the better for it. Like I said though set something up since you said he still is interested. It's been 13 weeks, no point in waiting any longer now, you both need to finally find out where you stand.

• Thanks but he's insisted on being just friends for days now. Hence me saying to meet only as mates. He's said ok but he's busy for he next few weeks so I can't set a day yet?

What Girls Said 2

• Guys can get very offended if you assume things, and it seems you have assumed something very negative which has hurt his feelings. Men are tough creatures but they do have soft insides and woman that they like accusing him of things will dampen his spirits.

Try be more confident around him, make him think you are out of HIS league and ply it cool so he chases you. He will soon respark his interest. Just dont assume things like him being a player in the future, if he is you'll find out soon enough, but wait util you know him more better.

• Thanks. He comes across very confident and doesn't like to talk about deep things so I assumed my comments would affect him this badly. It's Only over time i've come to realize how sensitive he is and that h e wasn't playing me. Only now I fear it's too late :(

• try explining this to him then. You re only young and just say you dont really know much about guys cuz you aren't one! They are very complicated creatures! They say men are simple but they really are not! I recommend a book called Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars, It really opens your eyes to the differences between men and women, nd relly good insight into the opposite sex. I am 26 and hve been dating for years, and STILL dont understand men, My boyfriend confuses me all the time! Its not easy.

• Thank you... i'm actually just turned 28 but it clicked the wrong section on my touchscreen. But he's still 12 years older and I am still learning... we fell out two weeks ago now and he's still angry. How can I make it up? The guilt is making me sick. I miss him and worry he's met a new girl. It was only a week ago he said he does still like me. You said I treated him as if he's disposable, do you think that he thinks i saw him that way so if I open my heart and commit to meeting as friends there could be a chance? Think he thought I wasn't serious about him? He did say he was tired of being insisted just because i was bored... when t wasn't the case. I'm insecure

• You refused dates, you called him a player, told him you were seeing others guys and pushed him away. And you've done it countless times. There's only so much people can be hurt and spring back. There's a slight chance, but you would have to change your ways and stop being so mean to him or else he'll find someone better who doesn't treat him like he's disposable. What you did was hurtful, treat him like he's human. He deserves better.

• Thanks. I always assumed men aren't as sensitive as girls cos they act tough. But I was wrong. Messed up :(

• You said I treated him as if he's disposable, do you think that he thinks i saw him that way so if I open my heart and commit to meeting as friends there could be a chance? Think he thought I wasn't serious about him? He did say he was tired of being insisted just because i was bored... when that wasn't the case. I'm insecure

• Insulted not insisted