GUYS! How to handle boyfriend! How does he feel?

so my boyfriend and I are in high school and we've been going out for a little over two months now. he is a junior and I'm a sophomore. when we first started going out he was THE sweetest guy ever. he treated me with respect and loved to talk to me and always looked forward to coming over and hanging out and he always wanted me to go watch him at his football games too. okay, well I've noticed in the past three or four weeks or so he has been different. he's gotten more dull and can be quiet at times and when I ask what's wrong he says nothing. it got to the point where I thought we needed a break. after I told him that he cried asking why I felt that way and he was so sorry blah blah blah. I gave him another chance. now just a few days ago, we had plans to hang out and right before we were gonna hang out he ditched me to hang with his friends instead. I was hurt and called him and called it off. he cried. blew up my phone with messages that night, and called me the next morning. he apologized but we talked and he said we needed a break. okay. so the NEXT day he called and was crying really hard saying "I need you" and he said "I love you" and I gave us another chance. now we just had a fight at school today because he was quiet again and said "idk what I want" so I got sad but told him that he needs to tell me what he wants cause I'm tired of the dramas. and games tbh, but he apologized and at the end of the school day the first thing he did was hug me.. he always says "I want you to be happy" and "I care for you" but why isn't he showing it? I don't get it. I tried talking about it with him too & he always says he is sorry and he loves me and wants me to be happy. I can't even tell you all how many times he said that.
"I want you to be happy."
when he called me on the phone crying he said he hated himself and he never should've done that. I always feel bad when he cried but then the next day it's back to normal! I want the old sweet boyfriend back :(

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he's confused on what he wants from you. It could be that he's really dramatic or he wants something from. It could also both, but it's hard to say. Most high school relationships are filled with drama. He probably feels that he's not doing something right and he's trying to figure out how he should be doing things. You should try talking to him again, tell him about how you feel on the situation and about him. Just be honest and see if things start to change. If they don't, then it really just means that he's dramatic. I won't tell you to move on, of course it's your decision. In my opinion the best thing to do is to be honest and talk about it with him, remember to tell him how you feel about him and the situation. I hope things workout between you two and I apologize if this wasn't really helpful. High school is a confusing time, so it's hard to tell whats right and wrong, because what is right could be wrong for the situation or the other way around. Still I hope this was helpful in some way.

What Guys Said 2

• DRAMA KING... cut him off✂️

• Eh, let him go. Drama king.

What Girls Said 2

• I feel like he's taking you for granted and because you keep taking him back time after time he hasn't fully realized that he has something great and he should appreciate it more. Although he seems like he does care for you because he hasn't given up on you yet, its a bit confusing how he doesn't try harder to keep you which I think can be explained with the whole he knows you're just gonna take him back. My best advice is for you to make him realize that you're not down to be in a relationship where you're the only one putting in effort, and i don't mean breaking up with him but maybe just talking to him, asking him why he gets all quiet or he's changed. Maybe there's a good reason like he doesn't want to say something stupid or maybe he can never think of anything to say? Let him know that if he wants for you to be happy, then he should be trying to make that happen because you want to be happy but with him. Hope I helped, best of luck :)

• Highschool relationships are a joke. This whole whole thing is so immature