Talkative girl is very quiet with me... and I'm shy too?

There's this girl at her workplace that's talkative with everyone else but reeaaaly quiet with me. I've tried talking to her but she just gives me one word dead answers, doesn't ask anything back in return and doesn't try to hold the conversation. Now the bad part is that I like her and that makes me a bit more shy too, I don't know how to get her to open up at this point. If I straight up ask her out and she rejects me, it will be VERRRY awkward because we're doing a lot of hands on work (she's an assistant for a physical therapist).

Most Helpful Girl

• As a very talkative person myself, I tend to become quiet when only one person is talking with me. If she is like me, who got labeled as an overly extroverted person (counselor did this), then she might feel more comfortable with more than one person in the group plus you engaging with her. Which then could maybe move onto a more private conversations. Try texting first. Cuz that's what I did (still doing) with this shy guy I'm seeing. He's a sweetheart but he's very shy and it makes me feel like I'm being so self centered by talking all the time.
    Hope this sorta helps.

What Girls Said 1

• WHO KNOWS? THE WORLD LOVES TO WATCH YOU SUFFER. HA. HA.

What Guys Said 1

• Not going to happen.