I feel very depressed and lonely.. please help?

I'm 15 and I am not allowed to date my family is very religious and if i disobey I'm scared of what would happen to me. I'm not abused or anything, but i dont want my family to turn their back on me. I'm at that age where I really want someone to date or be my boyfriend and many boys like me but when i tell them i can't date they just ask why and never really understand why they can't no matter what i say to them. I'm so lonely, i go to school online, I have 1 best friend only. I hate my life so much.. I dont want to die but i just hate being so isolated from everyone else because everyone smokes or has sex or drinks or is too crazy. I just.. feel so lonely and i yearn for a boy i can call honey or baby or whatever, who i can cuddle and hug with. Who thinks im the most perfect thing and everyone else can just kick rocks.. I keep crying i just dont know what to do and my mom lets me talk to her when i feel down but she says "you know what will happen if you date too early, god is always watching. its your choice i cannot stop you, but you'll regret the consequences." ...

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I'm 17, a guy, never smoked or got drunk or had sex OR HAD A GIRLFRIEND either. But I'm just dealing with it by picturing how great it'll be the day I get a girl or get laid or whatever. Keep looking forward to the day that will eventually come.

I know exactly how you feel. Except it's almost worse for me, because I'M practically the one who has prevented myself from getting an exciting life.

• What do you mean by you made it worse?

• I was the one who decided to remain un-social. I decided to remain in my house doing nothing rather than calling my friends or whatever. I'm sure plenty of opportunities have been presented in which I could have greatly increased my social ability and decreased my "loneliness", but I chose not to do any of those things until junior year of high school (last year).

• aww im sorry! Sometimes people are just shy, and it takes time to break out of your shell.

What Guys Said 4

• when I was 15 there was a girl she was 14 she told me that she wasn't allowed to date until she was in high school 2 more years, but instead of waiting w dated up until I moved away 2 1/2 years later, we just kept it to ourselves and friends. i did all kinds of crazy mess when i was your age, but don't ruin your life just cause you don't like something, drinkin gets you in some weird bad places at times, as for being lonely if you ever go out to the store just start talkin to random people you would probably want to find someone closer to your age, but i mean that's how I've made a lot of friends, just by doing something funny or talkin to other people. i mean when i moved to Mississippi i knew absolutely no one, i went to as football game one night got invited to 2 Halloween parties, and made like 13 new friends just from bein funny and sayin hey to others.

• For starters, my family Is just like yours, but I'm your opposite, I rebelled against them, best choice I have ever made, do the opposite of what they say, then you will see what little power they truly have, and I'm an Atheist now, but I hear the words " god will forgive any sin" to many times to count now, keep in mind to know your boundrys though

• Tell your mom it desocialize you and you are not happy with it.

• You're an emotional wreck. Welcome to the teenage years.

• you didn't exactly help..

• I am not here to help. I am here to show you the reality.

You want help? You ask someone how to break the rules and also stay in good standing or convince those around you. Good luck doing that against a religious set of yokels.

What Girls Said 4

• Well, you're only 15, so finding a boy that meets everything you're hoping for is a dream and a half. Hate to say it, but it's true. I don't agree with your parents not allowing you to date, but I am warning you to not form such high expectations: at this age, hormones are raging, empathy isn't fully formed and life experiences have yet to shape the young men in your age group into men, so keep that in mind.

Now, by the sounds of it your mother did say you can date (at least in the last sentence) so you can always give it a shot and just keep your family out of it and be safe. "God" isn't going to get angry at you if you cuddle with a boy.

• I remember 15.. My mom is kinda religious and over protective too.. Plus i was way way too awkward then to talk to anyone.
    Dating is good experience, just don't get too serious yet. Most 15 year old guys don't even know who they are, and no need to get uselessly hurt..
    But, I think you should talk to your mom.. Online school and all? See if you can join something, meet people and stuff. Tell her you feel isolated. You're at an age where socializing is very needed..
    I think she'll understand at least a little

• Tell your mom how you feel about being isolated (dont bring up the dating just yet). Tell her that you need to be around others your own age because it's important for your social and emotional development. That you need the experience now so you won't feel so overwhelmed when you are an adult and have to work with others at school or in your job. Social development is necessary for you to grow as a person. So on and so on...

Then maybe she'll give you a bit of leeway in regards to social activities. After a while then you can bring up dating if you want, but first you need some freedom to interact with your peers.

• During age 15, many boys can be immature and most relationship doesn't last very long..
    I reckon to wait until you reach into a proper age.. Also, you're not "so" lonely. You have at least 1 BEST friend, sounding that he/she might be very close to you. Talk with your best friend about your problems.
    If you can, answer this one question for me please..
    What religion are you in?
    (Maybe it's too personal.. But, you don't have to answer it..)

• I'm Jewish and yes ik jews can date but my mother is also another factor in this and she said i will NOT be dating until i'm older.

• Ah.. I see..
      Than I suggest to wait.. I'm sure you will able to date somewhere about age 16 or 17