A 'different' kind of rejection poll!?

I was just wondering about this.

Are there any women who have never rejected a man in their lives? or men who have never been rejected by a woman?

Or, considering the less-common scenario of women making the first move - are there women who have never been rejected after making the first move? Or are there men who have never rejected a woman who asked them out first?

I have a morbid fear of rejection/friendzone so I have never made the first move in m my life (and probably never will). And I also haven't rejected anyone who showed interest in me.

So here's the poll!

• I'm a female and I have never rejected any man
  • I'm a male and I have never been rejected
  • I'm a female and I have never been rejected
  • I'm a male and I have never rejected any woman
  • I don't fall into any of these categories (which means I have rejected and/or been rejected)

Most Helpful Girl

• I reject guys a lot because I have specific taste. If the guys I notice aren't pursuing me then I'll actively pursue them. I've only done that 3 times in my life and they have responded every time.

• It must feel good to be chased by guys and have so many options that you can pick and choose the best one, isn't it? That's the reason I believe women have it a LOT easier when dating, compared to men!

• I remember reading that that's a common thing introverted guys do, or inexperienced guys do. If they find themselves getting along with girls or being attracted to a girl, they'll "talk themselves out of it" to avoid potential rejection. It seems like you have a lot of growing to do (which is a good and exciting thing) to truly grasp that rejection and failure are apart of life and means you're improving. If something doesn't work out, instead of honing in on the embarrassment or pain you feel from it, focus on how you can improve from that situation. Take the logical approach rather than an emotional one. Think of failures like a challenge or road block that you have to work on to overcome. When you find a solution it's so rewarding and means you're taking positive steps in the right direction. The only person holding you back from the life, body, and mind that you want is you.

• Thanks for your inputs! I'll see what best i can do about this. Although right now, I'm in the frame of mind where I'd rather jump off a cliff than be rejected by a woman, because I somehow consider a 'rejection' as a personal insult and humiliation. I know I'm not supposed top feel this way. Maybe I need professional help to overcome my fear of women and rejection.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a man, and have never been rejected in my 19 years of life, that's why I'm afraid of rejection. It may sound ironic, but I would've liked to be rejected, at least once when younger, maybe that way I wouldn't be so afraid of rejection, as this has become a problem.

• Oh, I forgot to add that I do have rejected at least twice.

• you need EXPERIENCE not jut a positive outlook though both are essential. you have a good outlook now you need to go do some field work & gain experience. you'll feel tons better. you'll feel bad sometimes and good sometimes but ultimately better overall ;-)

• Thanks for the MHO

What Girls Said 8

• Well, I've rejected and have been rejected :) and I'm alright obviously.
    Your fear of rejection probably comes from a lack of confidence and that's too bad. I don't think life should generally be lived in such a safe way. You'll get rejected, then what? You move on. You'll know you tried.

My boyfriend pursued me for months before I agreed to date him. I rejected him everyday, refused to see him, ignored his calls, etc. Every night I would tell him I did NOT want a relationship with him, he'd say okay no problem, and then talk to me like nothing happened the next morning.
    We've been together for two years now :) and I can tell you I think I respect him a lot more than others, because he always held his head high.

• Thanks for your answer.

Actually its a bit different with me. I have the confidence, but being rejected would shatter that confidence because that would mean I was not good enough for that person. And this in turn, would make me apprehensive about approaching someone else again. And the confidence level keeps going down a notch with every rejection. This is what I'm scared of.

• But if someone is persisting with ONE girl even after she rejects him several times (like your boyfriend did), isn't it considered 'harassment'? I mean... the general perception among us guys is that once a girl rejects a guy, then it is set in stone and will never change because she is just not physically attracted to him, so he's better off seeking other girls instead of wasting his time and energy with her.

• I think it all depends on the way you do it. He never pushed me, forced me into anything. He just held on to the idea that he was good for me, and he decided to prove it.
      When I told him I only wanted to be friends, he said okay I understand. He didn't get mad, or stop texting. He just kept on talking to me, without any pressure.

I can honestly tell you the deepest relationships I've had were with guys I didn't want to be with at first. They were guys I wasn't really attracted to at first, but who insisted (subtly) that I get to know them.

But this is an example to show you it's your attitude towards rejection that depends, and not the rejection itself. The people confident enough to do this without being creepy are rare. It's very important to do it right and not to pressure her into anything.

• I'm honestly not sure how to answer the poll so I'll just say it all here. I'm guessing option A makes the most sense though. Only two guys have ever made the first move with me in my life. My fiance, and another guy before him who I went on one date with (the date was awkward and he said he didn't want to see me again). So I've never rejected a guy.

I have asked out more guys by myself in the past and have been rejected every time, with most of them saying mean things to my face or acting like jerks.

I was really unlucky in the dating world, lol.

• Well... it doesn't really matter now because you have been engaged! :)

• I just came here to share my experiences.

• Yeah, i appreciate you sharing your experiences! I was just saying that all's well that ends well for you! :)

• I do the rejecting mostly, to the men and women that ask me out. :/
    I'm very picky, and people say beggars can't be choosers. LIES lol I'm picky as fuck.

BUT I've also been rejected as well. 100% of the guys I pursued have rejected me. So I have rejected and have been rejected :)

• Girls can NEVER be beggars, because most of them have guys asking them out left and right!

• I think it's very difficult to not reject. I don't want to be mean, but if I'm not interested, then I'm genuinely not interested, and I'll politely let him know as much.

• I have been rejected and i have rejected.

• A pretty much normal scenario for most people! Good that you're being honest!

• Yeah, you're right! Thank you! :)

• sure ;-)

• The only time I made the first move was with another girl... And I got rejected.

• I've rejected and been rejected lol

• I've never been rejected. I reject guys, and once in a blue moon women, all the time.

What Guys Said 4

• been rejected of course... as if i can reject a woman in the first place... women won't even notice and pursue me

• I am a picky guy. That sucks. I cannot adjust comfortably with any women that comes across like players do. Even if it is a one night stand..

• i have not yet rejected a woman yet... but it appears so indirectly when they noticed i'm not so interested to them so they immediately went together with another guys... and i have rejected from a woman indirectly...

• What exactly do you mean by 'indirect rejection'?

• well they just left you out of nowhere even though your feelings are mutual...

• I have been rejected a few times and have rejected a few women as well.