Does anybody else have an allergy?

I've got a severe allergy thats affected nearly every part of my life including dating, I simply don't do it because I have trust issues, and the one oerson i love has a boyfriend. How has your allergy affected you? Or has it?

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm sensitive to metals. gold is the only metal i have -never- reacted to. silver and platinum are okay too. but cheaper metals, mixed metals does not react well with me. if i'm wearing a necklace made out of cheap metals, after a minute or two, i'll have a pink/red outline of that necklace on my skin :/ this just means i have to be extra careful about what i buy... and usually what i buy tends to be more expensive. so i can't go crazy lol.

i also have a slight latex allergy. wearing latex gloves is problematic. the wrist area of the glove will cause a pink/red outline to appear on my wrist. hence, i use hypoallergenic gloves or vinyl ones. I don't know my wrists are kind of stupid. if you grab them to hard or whatever, they'll turn pink. my skin is just really sensitive to pressure i guess. my neck and wrists. i'm normal everywhere else.

• I also have a slight latex allergy! I've never met anyone with a metal sensitivity, it must be kinda rare.

• That's interesting thanks for sharing! ;)

• I have that exact same metal allergy. Only react to cheaper metals.

What Girls Said 8

• Allergies don't affect me. I have seasonal allergies (although I have not been diagnosed with them by the doctor).

• I have several. and they change from time to time, but I would never let them control my life..

what are you so allergic to that you're living in such fear of doing anything?

• Peanuts which is in a lot of things and is everywhere. :/

• ok, well there's no point to life if you don't bother to actually live it up. stop wasteing time just surviving.

• Haha easier said than done. When something as simple as touching a doorknob to kill you, its kinda hard going out of your comfort zone. Thanks for sharing!

• not exactly an allergy but i have a high sensitivity to caffeine and an intolerance to coconut lipids

• Wow that's crazy! I usually avoid caffeine and I'm not a fan of coconut lol. Thanks for sharing :)

• I'm allergic to some dogs. Lol it doesn't affect me

• I'm also allergic to dogs I've got a lot of allergies lol. Thanks for sharing!

• I'm allergic to enzyme powder (the stuff they use to make standard washing powder), I get rashes if I use washing powders with it. Hasn't really affected me though because there are ones without enzyme powder.

• Wow I've never heard of something like that before. Thanks for sharing!

• Really? I thought it was pretty common. Maybe its just because I'm used to it lol

• It proabably is I've just never hear of it before. I'm glad to hear that you've found ones without the powder.

• i am allergic to some cough syrup , i had difficulty in breahthing when i took it

• I think I wouldn't mind that allergy since that stuff tastes so bad lol.

• but we need it to cure our cough :D

• I'm allergic to shellfish, it doesn't affect me because I don't like seafood anyways ;P

• Im allergic to cats and even though it hasn't effected me that much in dating it still sucks

What Guys Said 7

• I'm allergic to cheap metals, any metal that's not gold silver or platinum.

I once bought a watch from Walmart and the next day I had red bumps all over my wrist and going up to my forearm.

Sometimes the buckles on my belt go up too high and touch my stomach and they leave a red outline and it gets itchy.

• i'm alergic to racists and religious people

• I'm allergic to mosquitos :-P

• I'm allergic to kiwi and bananas. My lips get tender and slightly swollen, but nothing life threatening.

• Cats, my eyes go all itchy and swell up, so does my throat. If a girl has a cat it won't work between us! lol

• Ibuprofen. I can die from taking it as far as I know. I should not get sick really.

• Allergic to pollen, Dust and mist.