Is it shyness or what?

A coworker I've been crushing on asked me out to a movie a few weeks ago. Of course I said yes. The movie 'date' was kind of awkward, since A) You can't really talk at a movie and B) His body language was completely closed off. Now, he is a shy guy so I thought maybe he was just nervous to be alone with me. He said we should hang out again after the movie sometime and I agreed. Now it was like 5 days later and he didn't call or text to set something else up, so I took the initiative to ask him out for a drink. The second date went sooo much better than the 1st one. We were talking and laughing, the body language was great. However, still no 'good night' kiss or hand holding. But he did acknowledge that it was a "really fun date." I am trying to keep in mind that he is a shy guy and therefor might move a little slower than most guys, which is fine for me. But I'm worried because it's been another week and he hasn't texted or called. Is it because he is shy? Or he just isn't as into me as I am into him? Should I have to contact him first again?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a shy guy and honestly I pushed myself really really bloody hard out of my comfort zone to get a couple dates with a girl so if he's even slightly shyer than I am then honestly It would be soooooo much more comfortable if you asked for the date cos it shows you like him back and gives him confidence (Hence why the second date went a lot better because you boosted his confidence by doing the asking)

If you like him please ask him out again because for us shy guys doing the asking is like trying to do an intense workout in a gym that smells like Surströmming or skydiving into a volcano!

anyways, good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• he sees you as a friend nothing else
    i know you are hoping for something more but he isn't so be friends if you can or leavee

• maybe he doesn't want to rush things, he might think a kiss on the second date is pushy. Try holding his hand and hug him for an extended amount of time and see how he reacts to it

What Girls Said 1

• I know that it's usually expected that the guy makes the first move, but sometimes a girl needs to take initiative. He asked you out, now he probably just needs reassurance that you like him before he is confident enough to make the next move. If you like him, ask him out again and try to give him a kiss. I doubt he'll reject you.