On a date at the movies, should I accept if he offers to buy me a drink? Does it look bad to say no?

If he offers, should I accept? DOes he want to or is it just polite? WHat if I try to pay and he says no. I don't want to use his money. Do guys see it like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• if he bought the tickets then i think you should pay for the drinks
    though its completely fine if he wants to pay for everything, i mean prefer paying for everything unless the girl is the i earn so let me pay type and in that case i make the girl pay for everything and make sure that the bill is huge so that she regrets trying to up me lol im an ass who likes to pay and make other feel special

• So it makes you feel like you're discredited?

• no, its just that we guys dont have that expenses compared to women (makeup, jewelry, dresses and so much more) so i feel bad when a girl would have to compromise on something she wanted to buy because of me, i know a few bucks dont make that big of a difference but she might be waiting for those awesome shoes and because of paying for a date she would be short a few dollars and obvsly she wouldn't ask me to buy it for her.
      Plus when i asked her for a movie why should she pay, if she wants to pay why not make the plan herself? Even then i would try to pay but if she tells me not to i won't

What Guys Said 3

• personally i'd respect your decision... it's better if girls buy stuff with their own money than waiting for the guys to pay for' em

• Here's what you do: Offer to pay, but he will probably say: "No, it's okay. I got this." Let him pay. But you showed that you were considerate by offering.

• Comes down to two things
    1) are you thirsty?
    2) will you be thirsty?
    If yes then take the offer. If no refuse.

What NOT to do. Refuse then drink from his cup.

What Girls Said 2

• Normally, sweetie, on a First date 'Date at the movies,' he will offer to pay... just politely say "Thank you, maybe the next time I can get you." Inside, if he is any gentleman, he will immediately Ask you if you would care for some popcorn, a drink, some candy before you go inside. You can either Politely decline if you don't care for anything or tell him at least a drink would be fine, for the movie is long... he will most likely get something even if you don't.
    You are on a date and it's not 'Using his money,' doesn't 'Look bad' not one bit but something he most likely Expects to do when he makes plans to go out on this date.
    And in the future, should there be anymore dates, you can both agree to disagree or whatever pops up, about who pays or even going Dutch treat is fine in today's society... whatever your fancy.
    Good luck, enjoy the movie. xx

• If he is a gentleman, he will pull out his wallet... xx

• Take the drink, you're offending him if you don't.