Are murder jokes too much for a first date?

So I had this date with a girl, and before she gave me her address she asked if I was a serial killer, I jokingly said that she had caught me and fessed up. she took it well, but when our date came the joke kept coming up, so much that I even made a silence of the lambs reference. Would this scare off most girls, or was it fine because it was all meant to be funny?

she brought it up a lot of the time as well, it wasn't just me.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• Lay off on the Murder Jokes for a while. Jokes are fun yes but too much and it could go south pretty fast.

• Well I if you both brought it up then you both know eachother is joking. However if she was a little skeptical about it the first time you shpuld. Continue with it. She probably ask because she was legit about it. Or just simply see what your response would be, weather you take things seriouse or if she can joke around with you.

• Every girl is different but she sounds a lot like me :-) lol. And that would be very amusing. I'd like it.

• Depends on if you took the joke to far to where it's just creepy and annoying. Like you know when someone does something funny, it's funny maybe once of twice but after awhile they just get annoying and it isn't funny anymore?

Also, it depends on the girl. Some girls can take jokes others can't.

• Uh... no I wouldn't go on a second date with someone who kept making those jokes.

• That depends, if I started dating with someone I already knew I wouldn't get scared, but I'd get bored.

• we met online

• Then I would be okay at first, but get bothered if he brought it up too often. In fact if I were you I'd get bothered as well if she brought it up a lot as if she still had that in mind.

• I feel guilty for laughing at this question.

The 1st time it was funny, but then it gets lame. XD

What Guys Said 7

• hahaa d00d I think you're funny as fuck xD I would've definitely been joking around xD its a date, its supposed to be fun lol!

• No way lol, that sense of humor is difficult to find in a girl. If she plays along, then just go with it.

• If you keep it up over and over again it gets lame

• As Martin Luther King Jr. once said, "Ouch, I've been shot"

• Depends on the girl. I'd say it can't hurt to avoid it though.

• I don´t recomend murder jokes, mmmm, no.

• Are you serious? No, forget it, this makes sense here. In this universe this actually is a genuinely intelligent question.