Ladies what would YOU think if you texted a guy and he responded like this?

I texted my guy friend this morning, telling him good morning since he always text me good morning. When I texted him good morning I also called him a pet name that I THOUGHT, I only called him. Well he texted me back asking who's this? Then he texted me right back n said oh ok babygirl (that's what he calls me) telling me he got a new phone today. Now I do KNOW that he needed one because his other one screen was cracked really bad, but shouldn't he have KNOWN that it was me since I called him what he likes me to call him & I was also finishing off a convo that we had the other night in person. He also said he didn't read the text at first he just responded to the number. I don't know what to believe I'm kinda suspicious now that he might be a player type. What should I do now? I never responded to his last text.

• he didn't know who it was, it was an innocent mistake of him not knowing
  • this screams.. PLAYER!
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's just your friend it shouldn't be a big deal to you hun. It sounds like you have deeper feelings for him or it wouldn't bug you so much that He didn't right away know who it was but to answer your question, He probably honestly didn't bother to match number to name so quick. He saw a "new" number and texted back quickly. No worries

• New number? My number has been stored in his phone for over 5 months. That's just an excuse.

• Ok but how often do you look at someone's actual number in your phone? Rarely. You look at their name each time you text or call. Maybe he hadn't had a chance to put your name by your number. I mean it was either that or he got you mixed up with someone else. Either way, there's no commitment there even if y'all are friends with benefits

• Thanks for MH. I wish you well :)

What Guys Said 5

• Even if i get a text that had something to do with a conversation i had the night before and a number shows up and not a name and im almost positive i know who it is, i still ask who it is just incase its someone totally different. O dont think its a big deal, when i got my new phone everyone who was texting me i asked who it was and said i got a new phone.

• There's a possibility he's a player and there's a possibility he's not

My personal opinion is that he was rightful to ask who you were even if you used an exclusive nickname because from his perspective the message would be vague and he wouldn't want to make any mistakes by identifying you as the wrong person

So what I mean is what if he tells his friends about you and the fact you call him this cute nickname and his friends start teasing him and prank him (in that situation he just needs to make sure you're you)

Just some perspective, however I would still be cautious with this guy

• He was still vague in his respond after he knew it was me. I was pretty much telling him that I would be there for him (not finacially) no matter what while he get back on his feet, like he aked and He didn't even say much. He just said, "I got a new phone and didn't read the message before responding. That's why I hate talking to him sometimes because he never really says much (through text) in person he's very talkative. That's why I don't text him much unless he text me.

• *asked lol

• From that... i don't think he's a player

• It was a mistake. New phone means updating contacts that is all.

• You need more evidence to confirm him as a player. What I will say is when I get a new number and someone sends me a text I know who it is by how the text is written, especially if we have nicknames for eachother.

• Exactly. And he said he didn't read the text, but he texted me back "who's this*? Almost 25min AFTER I sent him the text. Its clear by the way I was talking, what I was talking about and me calling him his pet name that he should have KNOWN it was me... unless he has someone that calls him the same thing. And on top of that he kept texting me afterwards trying to explain himself.

• lol, sounds pretty guilty. When a guy has lots of girls available to him he'll often take them to the same spots and have similar things going on, it's like a formula. You should arrange to meet up with all the girls on his phone, all at once and confront him, That would be funny!

• pet names and how you speak and text women is part of the formula also.

What Girls Said 3

• Inconclusive. The mistake seems legit to me, which of course means he still could or could not be a playa.

• Well what I though when I started reading this was "Maybe he just responded right away before actually reading the text" and then you wrote that he told you exactly that. Mystery solved.

• How can he be a player when he's not dating you? He's your guy friend. Not your boyfriend. He doesn't owe you anytbing. He can talk to a billion girls and you don't get to be pissed off

• You don't have to be dating someone to be a player girl or guy. Players means you talk to & court a lot of women at once. And courting he is doing. We have sex, so we're not just friends there's sex involved.