How should I tell my parents?

How should I tell my parents that I am going out with someone? They are really protective of me and I am worried of what they might say and do. Please help!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Invite him over for dinner so they can meet him

What Guys Said 4

• Is there anything in particular about the person you're going out with that you think they might jump at?
    If not, just communicate to them that being with this person is bringing you a lot of joy and that you hope they'll support your happiness, and for their sake (they sound very caring over you), tell them that you'll talk with them if you ever need their support with this :)

• tell them that you're going out to eat some burger, simply :-P

• Talk to them about him, present your boyfriend to your parents, tell him to go over your house most of the times and make them be the judges.

• Well, what about just inviting him as a friend first, and then do more romantic stuff time after time :)

What Girls Said 7

• hmm been there before! So if you haven't all ready been doing so you have to talk about him in front of them (ya know obviously making him out to be really kind hearted, gentil and normal -whatever that is) and try and keep subtly bringing him up so they get to form their own judgement which will hopefully be positive if you paint a good picture of him. Step two you've got to behave extra mature and responsible just do little things or make comments which highlight that you are grown up and you know what you are doing. Step three - make some bigger hints that you like this guy. and then you should set up a time best to tell them for example when everything is peaceful and serene at home and they are in good moods then be the first to say everything and make sure you say all the things like ' I am responsible I know what I am doing so and so' (which hopefully you are) I did this before when I was 15 (I think) and started going out with a guy in the year above --- my mum is super protective I had to purposefully initiate the sex talk with her when telling her we were 'a thing' as I classily put it to avoid any heavy terms such as 'going out' that may shock her. :) Bon chance

• suddenly I feel bad for assuming it is a guy but that's what it sounded like

• Just tell them that you've met a nice guy and ask if they'd like to meet him

• I have the same problem tell your mom about it and tell her that you dont wanna hide anything from her, and that you want her to be your friend etc.

• I agree with SailorMars. Don't hide it though, it just makes the issue worse.

• Just tell them that you are seeing someone nice and kind and caring and good for you

• Do you think your parents might like him? If so you could introduce them. Maybe if they see the guy is actually nice they'll feel better about it.

• invite him over to meet them.