Would you date somebody that lived on the other side of the country? (The United States)?

I met a girl while she was still living near me and grew a crush on her and told her I liked her, but nothing came of it.

We kept in touch occasionally and a year later we have started talking again and she tells me she's been thinking about me. The thing is, she just moved literally across the country, but she says she doesn't know how long she'll be there before she moves again. I plan on texting her and skyping her either way, no matter what comes of it.

I'm 21 so I feel I'm at the age of trying new things and exploring anyways.

Would YOU date someone who lived on the other side of the country?

• Yes
  • No
  • See Answers

Most Helpful Guy

• No. LDRs are a waste of everyone's time (and often a ton of energy and maybe even money). They almost always fail due to the distance/time apart, and the worst part is that you didn't even really get to enjoy your time together, because there wasn't any (or relatively little).

The point of a relationship is to SPEND TIME *TOGETHER*. If you can't do that, then there's no point, and you would be better spending that same time and energy looking for someone LOCAL who you CAN spend time with.

What Girls Said 6

• If I had a boyfriend who moved across the country I wouldn't break up because of it. But I wouldn't start a relationship with someone across the country who I wasn't already with.

• I have. Me in Florida and him in Cali... It worked for about a year but then after visiting a few times I realized that he just isn't the person for me. Took longer than it should have to realize that because of the lack of face to face time.

• My current guy is about 50 minutes away and that is hard enough for me. :(

• At best I would only ever "catch up" if I was actually passing through.

• Well I was in a 4 year relationship with a guy that lived 1hr45min away and we only saw each other once or twice a month at the most. And that was really difficult...

• No been there done that not unless we meet up at least twice a month it can be really hard I did it for 3yrs. some people can bt I can't. Whats the purpose of being in a realtionship if u can't be with them I can be single for that. know your limits hope this helps :)

What Guys Said 2

• I kind of already do... she lives in Maryland and I'm in Wisconsin. We went to a two week camp together in the summer, and on the last night, she told me she loved me. We have only talked through gmail and google plus since then. It's tough, but if you genuinely care for the person, i's worth the cost.

• Also, please respond to me if you agree with my opinion

• I really don't know, I've never done long distance. I'm actually in MD and she's in Cali, thanks off your opinion!

• At my age, absolutely not.