Ugly people dating other ugly people?

Okay. This is going to sound really ignorant and rude but this an honest question. Usually an ugly person ends up with another ugly person right? Usually you see two fat people together or whatever the case is. My question is, do ugly people truly find their significant other attractive or are they just settling for what they can get? When they look at their significant other, putting aside their personality and other qualities, do they really see an attractive person? Or do they know they've ended up with an ugly person?
I know this sounds really stupid, I swear I'm a relatively intelligent and I'm not explaining it very well, but its something I've been curious about.
It's not that I'm super gorgeous, but I am pretty. So every guy I've dated has been pretty good looking, and their looks are what striked me first. I know that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but relatively speaking ugly is ugly and attractive is attractive. So putting aside personality and all that good stuff. Are ugly people who date ugly people, truly attracted to their significant other?

Most Helpful Guy

• My first gf was a flat out 6/10, but at the time I saw her as beautiful. I really did, like at LEAST an 8.5. She was ugly though, I was just crushing hard for some reason.

My most recent was a 10/10. Not even lying. She was fucking beautiful and I still think she's the most beautiful girl I've ever even seen after all this time. She settled for me so I don't know, maybe she felt what I felt with my ex? Lol.

What Guys Said 9

• I think so. Unless there's some other quality about the other person that allows them to get over their looks. I have very high standards when it comes to girls, but I have even higher standards of myself.

• define ugly
    because i call myself ugly and i have never dated a girl who was less then 9
    lol now either hot chicks dig ugly or im not ugly
    and its usually the opposites attracts
    most of the times u would find okay looking guys with hotties and vice versa
    we are attracted towards a person not for there looks but personalities

• Yeah but I'm not talking about okay looking guys, because an okay looking guy might be a hot guy to a different person. I'm talking about downright ugly people. Not average people. And I'm not talking about what attracts people to people. I'm wondering If someone who is ugly, who can't gy anyone better, looks at their significant other and thinks "wow he/she is so hot"

• okay, let me rephrase my answer
      yes ugly people who date ugly people find there so beautiful because they see something in that person that an outsider can't

• I'm talking about physical attraction. Why don't you get that lol. I said aside from other qualities, do they look over at them and aay "wow they're super attractive". Or "they're a solid 10." But anyway, just forget it

• I believe it's because it's some you settle for, when people get older then lose their beauty and youth which caused them to wake up, it's this person or nothing.

If your young and ugly they usually have high expectations when they aren't much example fat, sloopy, rude, not attractive and etc. They believe the world owes them everything and the sad thing is that it's a growing problem in society.

• This is defintely true.

• No idea, don't have an SO yet, I'll let you know how attractive she is, but generally, I try to go with girls that some might consider "out of my league." I guess I'm just not smart enough to accept that my league has to be the less attractive girls with awful attitudes.

• Aim high, my friend haha

• People generally settle for what they can get.

• Ugly really is a very subjective word. What you consider ugly is a result of what society has told you is ugly. For example, you could have been told that 2+2=5 when you were a kid, and now you believe. But everybody else believes that 2+2=4. Who's right?

• I don't think they are attracted. I think they take what they can get.

• I think most of the time they are settling for what they can get. In reality most average and attractive people reject ugly people. I am ugly and don't ask out attractive women that much. Only sometimes

• ugly is a very subjetive word

• Yes but honey boo boo's mother is ugly and Megan fox is gorgeous. Can't really deny either of those. Some might say theyre not exactly fond of Megan fox's looks but most people won't deny she is indeed an attractive woman. And I doubt anyone will deny that honey boo boo's mother is well, disgusting.

• did you check the pic without make-up i posted?

• Yea I did. I don't think she even looks bad. The only thing that looks off are her lips.

What Girls Said 0