What do you do if a guy offers to pay?

I always feel awkward when I'm on a date and the guy pays. I always offer and say I will or try and give him money but they never accept. Do I just have to accept it gracefully? how?

Most Helpful Guy

• You always offer to pay even though he does too. You just keep having a playful argument about who will pay and eventually you surrender, because a guy will feel weird as fuck letting the girl pay lol.

Eventually though after the first date, I wouldn't mind some contribution. Not the whole bill though.

What Guys Said 6

• Welcome to the 21st century... I'd firmly put down my part of the bill, and walk away. A guy who finds his masculinity threatened because the girl pays.. well, to say the least, he is living in the past.

• We feel like gentleman after paying on date.
    So it's ok but you should ask to pay sometimes to show that you are not greedy (just for formality).

• well take him out for a date yourself
    if he is inviting then he will pay

• The problem is, most guys are so unconfident that they think that you'll think they're cheap.

Most guys these days understand that sharing the bill is fair and civilized. But, they're terrified of doing it.

Just say something to reassure him.

• Accept gracefully; we're paying because we want to. If you offered to go dutch that sends the right signals appreciating it but not expecting it.

• @dakraziest is also correct. I've let girls take me out after I've paid for a few dates and they want to return the favor. It's actually quite funny telling them they are responsible for the evening, they have to make plans and decide what we're eating etc lol

• Take him out next. It's actually really fun to be taken out by a girl once in a while. Knowing that I'll just relax and let her take me where she wants and she gets to pay. Noooo pressure.

• yea.. we get once in a while and we are happy... they get the other 99.8% but they still have the nerve to complain.

What Girls Said 2

• I would accept it gracefully and say next time I'll pay

• NOTHING is "Free" Pay now or pay later... INSIST ON PAYING!