My boyfriend said he is gay jokingly? Is he really gay?

So i asked my boyfriend about his past and he said he was gay for 3 years and was in a relationship with some guy at his undergrad. I am confused now coz he kept going with this joke for good 2-3 days. Then later on he goes i was joking relax i am not gay. Why would he joke like that?

Do you guys think he is gay? I cannot stop thinking about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• seriously ask him why. only he knows. either that or hunt down his ex boyfriend from undergrad.

What Guys Said 2

• Guys dont just fuck around and joke about being gay with their girlfriend.

• later he said he was not gay but he's a convincing liar and i fell for it but now i am having doubts if he's actually gay or not? when he joked about it he said that he was gonna tell me after we get married and i was so weirded out by that and i said i wouldve divorced you right away! so then he kept going on with this gay joke and said ok i am joking.

• Unfortunately, you should be concerned. He only stopped after you called him out. The call is yours but dont get hurt.

• yeah he is a gay... for me its a red flag

What Girls Said 1

• He seems like he was testing your reaction. To be honest only he knows what he really is. Ask him again.

• i did ask him he said he was joking. He said he can lie better and convince people. lol idk?

• Why a man would lie about being gay? That is pretty vogue for me.