Is it okay to not kiss on a first date?

I went on a date with a guy on match. com. We had a great first date but as he was walking me to my car I decided to only give him a hug as I left. I wanted to kiss him but was nervous and it just didn't feel right at that moment since we are still getting to know one another. He texted me an hour later saying he enjoyed that date and hoped we could do it again sometime soon. I take this as a good sign but I still wonder if I should have kissed him...

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes I don't kiss until the third. I think it's awkward to kiss someone you only just met, and it would feel forced if I didn't mean it. But then I've also slept with people without dating at all (which ironically I'm more successful at)

What Guys Said 2

• There is no obligation to do anything on a date. Dates are meant to break the ice.

• Oh man... it looks like the outcome of you not kissing him really turned out to be a bad thing because he would like to go out with you again. What a huge mistake. <--sarcasm :)

What Girls Said 4

• nope! second date kisses are ALWAYS better.
    trust me.
    i thought the sammeeeee thing 3 months ago!
    (;

• yeah i think so! you're fine!! i'd personally would not want to kiss on a first date (unless i've known the guy for like years or something); you'll probably have many other opportunities just do it when you feel it's right!

• You do not have to kiss him on the first date no, it is all up to you

• Yes, it is okay. If it didn't feel right, you did the right thing. And plus he texted you and told you he enjoyed it. If it helps, you could wait for him to initiate the kiss.