Is it ever a good idea to get back together?

I know this is a controversial question, but I'm in a but of a dilemma myself. I ended things, but I feel like it was in the heat of the moment, I hung up the phone and blocked him immediately after he started getting angry, before he was acting kind of strange and wouldn't really say anything at all. We weren't official, but that was part of the problem. I feel like if we were both better people we could have worked harder to understand where the other was coming from, and we didn't. He has done some incredibly nice things for me, been there for me when I needed him, and stood up for me. but he also hates talking about feelings and I think it's because he's only ever been in love once and it went reeeeal bad. One night he looked at me really intensely and said "you really are just so beautiful" and I feel like by a guy saying something like that so meaningfully there must be feelings behind it right? We have admitted "really liking" each other missing, and caring about each other, but I am worried that neither of us understands where the other one is coming from in terms of needs in a relationship?

• call him after a while, he's into you, and talk about it calmly, it sounds like it can be worked out if you don't get angry at each other
  • It doesn't sound like he would want to re-evaluate this and you should move on
Select a gender to cast your vote:
we've known each other for a long time but I guess have only tried to date twice. he has been the one to come back to the situation, but I know he got really really heartbroken a while back and I feel like that might have something to do with it?
when a guy like looks you right in the eye and tells you something really heartfelt, like you can feel it, that means something doesn't it? It was the type of thing where we were both just silent after he said it, I didn't even know how to say thank you, I could only just hold his hand and look back at him.

02

What Guys Said 2

• I am going to vote C. The good news is that it is a variation of A. Don't wait "after a while." Call him like NOW and explain you made a mistake and would like to calmly talk about whether there is hope that the two of you can work things out. If he says no, you tried and can move on. If he says yes.. well you don't know what will happen.

BUT DONT wait. that is silly.

• but I feel like we really both need time

• There is a reason that there is a saying "Don't let the sun go down on your anger." If you wait long enough with a big misunderstanding he is going to fill in the blanks... but do what you think best. I wish you well.

• I feel like he wasn't ready for the conversation?

• NEW IS ALWAYS BETTER!! Unless you were dating a gentleman, a patek phillipe, a mountain village, a south pacific island, a violin, a sailboat, a guitar, turkish coffee grinder, persian rugs, colleges, buildings, civilizations, governments, bones, pens, moustache styles. ( for the rest of the list please contact)...

• what...

• Well unless this person you were talking about was actually a gentleman, a patek phillipe, a mountain village, a south pacific island, a violin, a sailboat, a guitar, turkish coffee grinder, persian rugs, colleges, buildings, civilizations, governments, bones, pens, moustache styles.

Those are just some examples of things that aren't better new.

What Girls Said 0