My boyfriend made plans to go hunting on our 2 year anniversary?

My boyfriend made plans to go hunting on our anniversary... should I be upset or not... because I kind of am... it's 2 years.

Most Helpful Guy

• Whoa. That's BULLSHIT, Honey. What a fucking asshole! Hell yes you should be upset. It upsets me because you are prove my experience of very beautiful women choosing to stay with guys who treat them rotten. You deserve so much better than that. If you are half as kind as you are sexy, then you deserve to be treated like I treat my girlfriends - Like she is my wife, and I love her more than anything. Even if I don't love her and we're not together long, I always treat them like I love them and only them, like I would my wife. I know most girls only 'SAY' they like 'nice' guys, but you beautiful girls always wind up with jerks who treat you like shit. You know it true. Case in point - your current situation. Here you are, one of the cutest, sexiest women I've seen... and you're asking whether or not you should be upset over this guy treating you like dirt. Baby, you are worth more - you have to realize that. Please. Please, please, please - take a minute and think about yourself; I bet you are sweet, kind to animals and children, and a trustworthy person, and in addition, you are very very beautiful.

• Thanks!:) your too sweet! He normaly is the sweetest in the world to me.. just this threw me for a loop.

• Maybe I just need to chill.

• NO! Damn it! Don't you dare take that shit. Cause it'll just get worse and worse from here. Don't be worried about being alone, either, Babe. I would come to you and treat you like an Angel until you get a new, better man, (but you are way too sexy for me, I know). I want to hug you from here. I'm a bow hunter myself, Whitetail, but would never put anything to do with hunting above anything to do with you. Especially something that important. If we were friends, (and most of my friends are women), I would call you every morning to tell you that you are a kind, beautiful woman, and you deserve to be treated like gold. And I would make you say it until you believed it. See, and that's just me being your friend - As a partner, you heart and mind would be a PRIORITY to me... and it should be so, for every guy you give the privilege of dating you to.

Remember this, Honey... Marines aren't prone to lying, and we have very high standards - And that's where I'm coming from with this.

What Guys Said 5

• I would be upset if my girl made plans without me on our anniversary.

• I think he may have forgotten it was our anniversary on that date exaxtly... but when I said that I was kind of upset, he said that it wasn't like we were married... that's it's not a big deal... but I don't know it iis to me... kind of.

• It sounds like he is down playing the importance of that day as an excuse to not get in trouble for forgetting. It is a common tactic people use to stay out of trouble. Even if you were married there is a good chance he would have forgotten. It doesn't mean he is a vile terrible boyfriend, but you are allowed to be upset about it. He really dropped the ball on this one.

• Ugh I think ur right. Thanks. I just don't need to turn overly upset... it wasn'tHUGE to me... but it was definitely important. Mages me want to plan something on a day that he has planned to be free for the past 3 months. I don't know I'm just venting.

• Well, you should be upset , why didn't he work around the day of you twos anniversary that i do agree he could have changed his hunting day, hunting season just started i think Dec 1 ?

• Nah. I hunt with him all the time. Bow started November first. But aparently this friend has a camp and it's guys only... but regardless. I didn't want to necessarily get each other anything... just spend time just the two if us... maybe go to dinner.

• How incredibly selfish and insensitive of him. Perhaps you should spend your birthday, Christmas and every other day without him.

• If be upset.

Advice: just have to let some things slide.
    Ask yourself, "is this worth fighting about?"

• Nothing says love more than killing innocent animals.

What Girls Said 3

• Silly you, dating a hunter :p

No, but really. I totally understand. My boyfriend up and made plans to go on vacation on the other side of the country with his family over my birthday. And I wasn't invited :p I was very upset.

I'd be upset if I were you. Would I go bite his head off? No. Would I let it ruin the relationship? No. Would I calmly say something along the lines of, "Oh, okay. I was hoping to go out to dinner with you for our anniversary but don't worry about it and have fun with your friends." A little emotional blackmail in there but I'm pretty sure he can deal.

• Guys aren't as thoughtful as we can be to them they probably see it as "i show you all the time don't need an anniversary to prove it" to us girls it means everything. . so yeah if it was me I'd be really upset and hurt that he wld do it.. if he really wanted to go hunting that day he shldve at least asked if you could join even if it wasn't your thing but it was important to him.. i wld mention it how you feel but dnt get upset until he gives you his reason maybe he just isn't really thinking

• Men tend to forget anniversaries once the 'honeymoon' phase is over... Seriously, my parents have been married for 27 years. My dad always forgets. My mom always gets upset. He gets her roses like 3 weeks later. XD You have a right to be upset, but don't let it throw a wrench in your relationship.

• They even forget anniversaries DURING the honeymoon phase! :(

• Yeah but it's stupid. I would never make plans on a day that is important to him.

• It is. Too bad they don't see it that way.