Commitment issues or nah?

So I've been on this earth for 22 years (22.5 come january) and the whole of my 22 years I've been single. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with being single. I've accepted my fate as a perpetually single lady, it's whatever.

What I want to know is why the hell a thought of a relationship makes me uneasy, when I've never been in one so I don't have anything negative to dwell on from my past?

I will flirt day and night with a guy but as soon as I find out there's even a remote chance of me being able to be with him I get all sick feeling and awkward and I start giving him the cold shoulder.

I mean nobody on here knows my personality so you can't diagnose me to the 'T' per-se, but I mean... why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, someone the same age as me with the same situation lol.

For me, it's not so much commitment as trust issues. I always feel pressured to open up about everything. Have you tried explaining to them that you're nervous and ask to take it slow?

• No I've never done that, maybe I should try it in the future. I'm just always very uncomfortable when I know someone blatantly wants me back lol

• Try just easing into it. Walk through a park, movie, etc. If you spend more time around them without feeling like you're being rushed into a relationship you might not feel so uncomfortable. If you start feeling uncomfortable just ask to be left alone for a day or two and then try again.

Since you're perpetually single there shouldn't be any problems with taking as much time as you need :-)

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe its your idea of relationships based on what you see from other people. I don't know about you but that's how it is for me. I know so many people, friends and family who have cheated, been cheated on, took their partner for granted do things behind their partners back so for me I just avid relationships altogether because of what I see from the people around me. I hope this helps.

What Girls Said 1

• I have commitment issues. I've been dating a. guy for 6 . months and still feel like he'll dump me any second so I refuse to get close.