I might ask a coworker out but im scared of what could happen?

I've been talking to the new girl at work for a couple of weeks now and I want to ask her out. Im scared if she says no their might be some weird tension or awkwardness among us at work. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would bring up in conversation a movie, or a local restaurant you are wanting to go to. Then if she shows interest, later on in the conversation be like "Ya know, I think I will go to ________, do you want to go too?" Tell her that if she wants y'all could ride up together. That way if she rejects, you know how she feels. But you save face, because if she makes a big deal about it, you can say that you were being nice because it seemed like she wanted to go when you were talking about it, but it's cool either way. That way if she reports you at work, it looks more like you thought you were talking to a friend not asking her out. You gotta play smart.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Be very, very careful. The most polite and respectful show of interest can result in a career-ending sexual harassment complaint. Because you were born male, you will be guilty in the eyes of a HR department, which are always staffed by lemon-sucking misandrist bitches whose purpose in life is to destroy as many men as possible. The complaint need not be made by the girl whom you ask out. Another female can say that she "felt harassed" because you asked the other woman out. Seriously. I have seen it happen. Experience has taught me to be completely asexual at work, to not even glance at a female as she walks past and to communicate only when absolutely necessary and only within the context of work matters.

• Relax, it's not as if you're asking her to marry you.
    You're only asking her if she wants to go out and have some fun. Give it a try.